Dist 4AAA Impact Player

GovMan

Posted by scbballfreak:

Hey GOVMAN, ya that girl from heritage is good, but did u know that, that girl u were talkin about, Tina Broyhill, ya the last time they played heritage at home she had 5 blocks and 3 steals on mcmahon, so she is good but not to that level yet.

SCBballfreak:

Thanks for lightening up my day with some humor. Broyhill, indeed is a great player. MVP of the regular season. She's very good at what she does. But if she were on Heritage's team--instead of on a team with 2 more all district caliber players and 2-3 more really, really good players--she couldn't do all Cait does.

There's only one other player in District 4 AAA that is better all around than Cait. She plays for South Doyle. But I wouldn't trade Cait for her, because Cait gives you everything she has every minute she's on the floor. In three more years ,barring any injuries, Cait McMahan will be the best player to ever come out of this area ... maybe out of any area.

GovMan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put down your pom poms for one sec- everyone gets your point. But, to label Cait the best player to ever come out of the area in just her freshman campaign is going overbaord a bit much - you think?

Remember- Maryville has had a couple players play for UT, so we will wait and see if she evolves into that level or not.

BTW, I am giving you the benifet of the doubt and assume when you said "area" you were reffering to Blount County and not Knoxville area.

[Edited by OS91 on 2-27-03 12:19P]

[Edited by OS91 on 2-27-03 12:20P]

[Edited by OS91 on 2-27-03 12:20P]

[Edited by OS91 on 2-27-03 12:21P]

I know Maryville has had one girl play at UT .. Kelly Casteel. She was a post player. Comparing her to Cait is apples vs oranges.

Alcoa sent Dawn Marsh to UT. Many think she was the best around these parts ... at least in the last 20 years or so. Cait can do the things Marsh did as a senior, right now as a 15 year old freshman.

I'm not holding any pom-pom's. I'm not any where close to a Heritage fan. I cheered against Cait's team for the past 4 years on the elementary and middle school level and I'll cheer against it for the next three years ... (I will be for them in postseason when they represent Blount County.)

When I said "area" ... you can include Knoxville, Oliver Springs, or anywhere else you wish. We've been through this before. You love OS and Laura Hall. She must be an incredible player. But when it's all said and done ... when the next few years have passed ... when we see where everyone ends up ... I'll take my chances on Cait.

GovMan

I am not arguing Hall vs. Cait- that is not my point. Hall will end up at a high profile school, so to make a comment we will see which one ends up where is funny. Hall is being recrutied by a handful of SEC schools- so whats your point?

My point is this- Your comment that Cait will be the best

player from the Knoxville area- Jennifer Azzi, Nicki Caldwell, Shelly Sexton, Byrnae Laxton, Kara Boyatt, and the beat goes on are all from the Knoxville area. Again, why make a comment that a freshman is gong to be better than these players? Some of these players were amongst the best in the world at their time and Azzi is possibly one of the better female players to play the game. Mcmahan is great and will no doubt be a high division 1 prospect, but to say she will be better than the above players IS Way off base to make such a bold prediction in a players freshman campaign.

I dont want anyone to think I am knocking Cait, its more that GOV shouldnt throw comments on a player that is only a freshman and still has 3 more years to progress.

[Edited by OS91 on 2-27-03 4:32P]

[Edited by OS91 on 2-27-03 4:33P]

Hey GOVMAN,

i think u got the wrong idea, she is a very good player to be a freshman, but she's gonna have to get a lot better if she wants to school brohyill, uner, or wilhiot, i guess we'll find out tonight who is better because sevier and heritage play for the 4aaa crown. dont get me wrong it will be an awesome game, but i think she will have to get better to be the caliber of uner or broyhill, u dont get 4aaa player of the year for nothing. and she was even out for 5 games with a bum knee. and other girls got a chance to show what they had and yet she still won?

Congrats to Sevier County for winning district tourney tonight, but for what's it worth ... it wasn't Uner or Broyhill that schooled Cait tonight, it was the officials. They made one of the worst blocking calls on her (she was set and waiting for the SC girl to run over her) to give her three fouls mid-way through second quarter right when Heritage was making a run. Coach Howard had to sit her and Heritage never could make any more decent runs.

By the way, Broyhill got tournament MVP and I thought it was very well deserved. Uner and Wilhoit made all tourney which was also well earned. I'll still take Cait though.

GovMan

Are you like obsessed with this girl or something? Cause i dont think i'm the only one who thinks this, she's just a freshman! Yes, she is good, and yes that was a bad call, but still, she has A LOT to learn before she can play with "THE BIG GIRLS", even with an offensive foul called in that instince, she would have still fouled out eventually, i was there, and she was visibley nervous, because she knew she had to carry the team on her back, and obvoisly this didn't happen. Which is not what a real player does they would just take it in stride. Also, the fouls she commited were stupid fouls, of her own fault. Reaching in on a drive to the goal, like a foul isn't going to be called. Just some stupid decisions on her part. But as i will say agian, she is a good player just not up to that level yet.