Giles Co. Vs. Loretto

Guest Handkos

Guest Handkos

About the game tonight between Giles Co. and Loretto, where do I start!?! I've never seen such poor sportsmanship as shown by the Giles Co. fans tonight.

It's always bad, but tonight was pathetic. Why do they even have cheerleaders, their little "chant crowd" makes more noise. I can't believe their coach or principal or at least a parent didn't make them sit down and shut up, but then again, this is Giles Co. we're talking about. We wonder today why our kids act the way they do, well, just watch Giles Co. Coach (little Louis Gossett Jr.) and he's a prime example of the hostility in our youth. No wonder the crowd acts so bad. At least when Loretto's guys gets out of hand, their coaches take care of the problem right then! As for the refs, they had to have been born and bred in Giles Co. also. Enuff said about that. They do have good ball players, but basketball won't get them everywhere in life. Loretto has some good ball players too, they just need to be quicker and REBOUND THAT BALL!!! And by the way, you don't have to been 7 feet tall to dunk a basketball. I've seen several of the Mustangs dunk a few. Good luck tomorrow night Mustangs! You can do it! :x

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where were u at tonight? Apparently not the game i was at. U know whos lil flick was real classy and tell me the refs didnt see that. They prob didnt want to throw him out cuz they felt sorry for yall. I mean Loretto had no chance and our fans werent bad until that incident happened at the end of the half. Also, that shove when passing by us at half was also just as classy. It was just pathetic that our fan was tossed not "mr. perfect".

I thought Loretto did a pretty good job staying in the game the first three quarters. Tyler was pretty much triple teamed the whole game, and Loretto did a good job of collapsing their defense on Tyler when he got the ball. But Giles county has a very well balanced team .Good job Loretto. I look forward to tomorrow night's Game . No matter who we play. We had real balanced scoring and good defense. Congratulations to Shay, Tristen, and the rest of the Cats on a good win.

Now about the crowd. I go to a ball game to watch the game..... I don't care what the crowd does, says, wears , how they sit or anything else. I see nothing wrong with students getting into the game, (as long as profanity is left out). So everybody crying about poor sportsmanship, get over it. Watch the game. You are denying yourselves of some quality entertainment, not to mention, not giving your full support to the atheletes on whichever team you happen to support, by worrying about what the other teams fans are doing. :x

Go Bobcats!! :)

[Edited by 480vac on 2-27-03 10:26P]

I mean, you don't see college players/fans yelling at other team's fans saying that they're rude. It's part of the game. If all you're focused on is listening to us or listening to our next cheer then we have won the battle. We've gotten inside your head and the focus switches off of cheering your boys on into trying to shut us up any way how.

Giles Co. didn't really play like they can but they still beat the tar out of em. I'm not knocking anyone, but Wayne or whatever his name is did say something to get something happening and the administration didn't want anything to get started because they knew about Giles Co. and Lorreto getting into it. Yall do have great student fans though, no doubt about it. Good Luck representing the district in the state.

RoyDMercer, to clarify. I was clapping and gettin hype for Shay and them who were directly in front of Luke, and as he passes me by I say "get hype Luke" and next thing I know I'm being shoved. I promise my life that's all I said. Me and Luke talk and we're not mad or anything its just one of those things I guess.

Giles Co. Student Section...we're in your head.