Farragut vs. Maryville

HiwasseeVol

I'm looking forward to the first match against these East Tennessee baseball powers. Will Michael McKenry be back in the lineup for this game? Will Jacob Holt pitch for Maryville? Will it live up to the expected game or will one team run away?

Both teams have great speed on the base paths and sound defense. Farragut has a slight edge with the bats and if the pitching is on for both teams, it could depend on the bullpens.

Any thoughts?

[Edited by HiwasseeVol on 3-18-03 10:40P]

Haven't seen Farragut yet, but I know what they have. After seeing Maryville in person yesterday, and Jacob Holt on the mound, I would agree that this could be a great matchup. Maryville also plays solid d. They snuffed a couple of potential West rallies with good infield play. I didn't think Holt was throwing all that hard early in the game yesterday, but at the end he had plenty of gas (looked like mid to upper 80s to my untrained eye). Holt also hit the ball hard, including a 370+ shot over our centerfielder's head.

I still think that on any given day that William Blount, South-Doyle, or West can give these two teams a good game.

I agree that it will be a good matchup between these two baseball powers. McKenry will be back, he is off the injured list as of today. It might take a week or so for him to return to form, but he has about a week until that game so i think he will be up to full speed. I haven't seen Maryville, but have seen Farragut outscore capable opponents 57-8 over 3 games. This, in my opinion, is very impressive. I think of all the teams around here, Maryville could probably give them the best run. I'm not trying to take anything away from Maryville or any other area teams but this a a powerful team that has no real weaknesses, look for them to go far.

E has covered the subject nicely. Michael is OKed for action as of today......if the Admiral's get to play Heritage - I would expect to at least see him DH. As for Maryville, I got to see them play a few innings against West and they are a quality team that can compete with anyone.....so is West for that matter. Both teams had good infield play. Maryville seemed to play better defense in the OF and appeared faster there as well. M'ville's pitcher seemed to get stronger as the innings went on