Some good ways to take care of arms?

ehsbaseball10

The best things to do are proper stretching, rotator cuff workouts, and throw everyday. Do some sort of throwing everyday. As far as pitchers go, long tossing 2-3 times per week with 2-3 pen days. 1 of those pens needs to be lengthy, with the other 1 or 2 being a light mechanics session. Leo Mazzone of the Braves has a great book for workouts and stretching for pitchers that I think every pitcher and pitching coach should have...Pitch Like A Pro. Great reading.

The rotator cuff exercises can be done by laying on the right side of your body (Right handed throwers) and curling a 5 pound dumbbellinto your chest. Then lay on the left side of your body and curl the arm away from the body. Usually 25 of those are enough. Then with a dumbbell in each hand stand with your hands in front of your body and lift straight up with the arms rmaining locked. Then put your arms down to your side and lift your arms slowly as if you are making a flying motion with your arms. The key is to do them slowly. The last and best one is the empty can stretch. Put the dumbells down to the side of your body and turn your thumbs down and inward towards your belt buckle. Then lift in a diagonal motion as if pouring water out of a can. Do about 25 of all of these. You can also use elastic bands to stretch out the shoulder. Put the arm at a 90 degree angle and pull down slowly and back up slowly to the 90 degree angle.

I hope this has been of help, but if you want visuals I'm sure there are pics on the internet, or once again Leo Mazzone's book shows them all.