Two amazing young talents in one game...........

gomab2

It was a complete treat to anyone that was at Barfield yesterday to watch a Riverdale Hoops Classic Semifinals game between the Midstate Ballerz and the Murfreesboro Stars!!!

On display was a plethora of talent, with many, many future college stars littering both teams...

But the pinacle was a chance to see Jackson's Reginald Delk and BA's Brandon Wright. And you know what: neither dissapointed...

Wright was amazing, and showed he can do it all at 6'8, including putting the ball on the floor repeatedly, posting up, hitting outside jumpers, blocking shots: the kid is a Top 5 player Nationally, NO DOUBT.

Meanwhile Reginald Delk set the entire gym on fire, hitting for a game-high 30 points!!! Reginald added 3 boards and 3 blocked shots as well, while shooting 11-16 FG's, including 4-6 threes, and four Dunks... The kid is a major, major talent...

Remember these two names. They will be among the elite players in the country within the next few years...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wavotiger

I played in the Riverdale Classic this weekend for the Clarksville Magic. We played the Mid-State Ballerz and they are one heck of a team with LOADS of talent. My question is which kid was Delk??

O.K. I understand that Brandon Wright is good.But Gomab,You are saying he is in the top 5 in the nation,Now that is going to far in my opinion.Im sure there is plenty of players in the nation that is far better than him.But if he keeps working at it then he will maybe get up there.Ive agreed with almost all of your posts,Sorry but not this one.

Have you even seen Brandon Wright??? Go watch him in AAU this summer, then come back and seriously state that he is not a Top 5 Fr Nationally. There is no way you can do that. He is a 6'8 Wing that can do it all, and is an amazing athlete. It is terrifying to think the kid is just a 15 year old Freshman. He would be one of the best 17:u players in the State RIGHT NOW!

Reginald Delk was #35, and Richard Delk was #43, for the Ballerz...

5 Freshman in the country reside in the state of TN right now. You also stated earlier in the year that Willie Kemp would be top 5 also.

Evidently 3 of the top sophomores in the state since Smith is already one and the Delks are ahead of him.

Just curious but what were the stats of both Delks during AAU competition this past weekend.

I agree....

Word is that Willie Kemp could be the #1 Fr by the end of the summer... Both are Top 10 by most publications right now, and I feel both could be Top 5 by the end... The ONLY thing that could hurt those two, is that I think both are only playing 15:u ball, not 16's, or 17's...

There are 6 Tn players that could be in the Top 50 Nationally in the Soph class... Delk twins, Tyler, Jamont, Prince, and Cromwell... I don't honestly think any of those 6 are Top 15 players though (in my opinion, after seein alot of talent Nationwide), but 3 could be Top 20...

I will have the stats from the tourney up later today... On a loaded team that ran 10 deep, and often had a running clock (because of margin of victory), (I'm done with 4 of the 6 games getting stats from film), and Reginald is at 19.3 ppg in those, and Richard is at 8.5 ppg, but has almost 7 rpg, 5 apg, 3 spg, and 5 blocks per game... These two have been amazing all weekend long, and anyone in the gym left completely impressed...

eagle, who were you??? Did you play, watch, coach???

The Delks played 16's, and were #'s 35 and 43... Their cousin Leslie Delk was #7 for the 17's, and had a great tournament as well...

Also, eagle, thanks for your comments, but we have a long ways to go....