BLUE-GRAY CLASSIC

pugsley

Can anyone tell me about the Blue-gray classic showcase? would like to know if it worth the time and money, did you recieve any contacts from being there, how many coaches/scouts were there, any info will help! There is going to be one in Knoxville at UT August 8-10. Thanks for your help!

Well, last year a friend of mine on my team said that he went to try out and they told him and another boy that they was lookin for two first basemen and they were the only two and didn't make it. He thinks they just want your money. I got a letter a couple of days ago but I dont think i'm goin to go from what i've heard.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the chance to go last year to the Jacksonville showcase and it is worth the money you have so many scouts just sitting every. From college to pro scouts there are atleast 50 of them up in the stands or down on the field clocking pitchers and catchers and seeing what the batters can do.

Edited by scout15

B/G is a good group that works hard for their prospects. You will play and showcase in front of a lot of college and pro scouts. You will be coached by a very good and caring HS or College coach who will help you show your best. All participants will get equal time on the field. If you can play you will be noticed.

The banquet with speakers and the seminar on "recruiting the recruiter" by Eddie James is woth the price of admission by itself. You want to know how to get recruited? He will lay it out for you and your parents.

If you make the state team you will then be given the opportunity to participate at a national event, probably in Florida, on Team Tennessee competing against teams from all over the country. That event will be in front of even more scouts.

While B/G may not have the prestige of Team One or Area Code, they work very very hard for their guys and are well worth the money.

Yea, I also got the invitation to go to try out for the tennessee team and i called a coach that knew about it. He told me one of his players went last year to check it out and it turned out to be a money maker. He spent 90 bucks to try out and ended up bein like 400 bucks out of it and didnt get much recognition.