FUTURE WINS SUBSTATE

THE FUTURE WON THE SUBSTATE IN CLARKSVILLE TODAY PLAYING AGAINST THE WILLIAMSON WILDCATS. THE FINAL SCORE WAS 69 TO 57. THE FUTURE HAS SOME SPECIAL PLAYERS ON ITS SQUAD. SO DOES THE WILDCATS WITH JOSH HENELY, AND TYRONE CALDWELL, BUT THE FUTURE HELD TYRONE TO UNDER 10 POINTS. THEY REALLY GET AFTER THE BALL. AURI ALLEN WAS NOT A FACTOR IN THE GAME AT ALL. THE FUTURE SHOWED WHAT KIND OF TALENT IT HAS ON ITS TEAM. THEY WENT UP ON THE WILDCATS BY AS MANY AS 18 IN THE GAME. IVE SEEN ALOT OF POST ON HERE TALKING ABOUT THE WILDCATS AND NIKE SELECT. I DONT THINK THAT EITHER TEAM CAN STAND UP WITH THE FUTURE BECAUSE OF THE WAY THEY PLAY AND GET AFTER THE BALL. THEIR EVERYWHERE ON THE COURT. I SURE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM PLAY THE NIKE TEAM. IVE SEEN THEM BEAT THE WILDCATS AND KNOW I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM PLAY NIKE. I THINK ITS COACHED BY PATTON. IF THEY CANT RUN THE FUTURE IS GOING TO BEAT THEM BY 30. GOOD GAMES TO THE TEAMS IN CLARKSVILLE, GREAT TOURNAMENT. I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE STATE :):)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest asiatic82000

THE FUTURE THINK THAT THEY CANT BE BEATEN ,TRUE INDEED THE HAVE A GREAT TEAM BUT WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO IN THE NATIONAL,YOU ARE NOT TRULY A GREAT TEAM UNTIL YOU WIN IT ALL

AND THAT HAS NOT HAPPEN YET,WHY CANT YOU WIN THE NATIONAL,YOU RUN AND GUN TEAMS IN NASHVILLE,WITH THIS PRESS

THATS EASY TO BEAT,ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SET UP FOR THE PRESS

I also watched the Nike team play. The future may have stopped Auri but it may be impossible for them to stop that McAdoo kid. When I saw him play he commanded the boards and blocked many shots. I don't think there is a true 13 year old that can stop him. He is a quicker and better leaper than Auri. He also has the help of 9 other players that are great three point shooters. So you stop the inside then you have to stop the outside too. Impossible!!! This ain't know one man show!

The Future was only up on the wildcats by two points with two minutes left in the game. Anyone can lose on a given day the Future played a great game the Wildcats played a below average game and the Future barley held on. The Future does not handle full court pressure well at all and they do not handle man to man Defense well either. Also I thought it was very interesting the Future did not press the Wildcats or try to play any man defense they simply packed it in. Next game should be different.

btexpress, from what I saw both teams played their best. I wouldn't take anything from either team. I think the Wildcats press neutralized what the FUTURE does best, and that's run. However, I'm not so sure the FUTURE couldn't handle the press it just took them away from there game. If they struggled handling the press the Wildcats would have stuck with it. They backed out of it because it didn't fully shut the FUTURE down. I think the Wildcats were taken away from what they do best as well with the pressure the FUTURE applied to #11. They put a box-and-1 on him. This is a kid that normally score 18-20 a game and was held to around 6-8. That forced #33 to carry the load, having him out of control at times. I think the FUTURE needs to work on bettering there team defense and then they can apply full court pressure. They did show some great individual defense play with #1 and #34. Taking it to the Wildcats big man and #11 early and getting them in foul trouble was big in the FUTURE's win.

THE FUTURE IS A GOOD TEAM AND THEY DON'T THINK THEY CAN'T BE BEAT, THIS IS A WELL COACHED TEAM AND THEY JUST GET ON THE COURT AND PLAY BALL DON'T KNOCK THESE BOYS. THE WILDCATS CAME WITHIN TWO FROM A 18 POINT LEAD BUT DOWN THE STRETCH THE FUTURE JUST WAS TO STRONG, THE KEY IS DEFENSE AND THAT TOOK THE WILDCATS OUT OF THEIR GAME DON'T SAY FUTURE DON'T PLAY DEFENSE BECAUSE THATS WHAT THE CAOCHES STRIVE ON, AND DEFENSE TOOK THEIR KEY PLAYERS OUT OF THEIR GAME AND IF YOU THINK FUTURE CAN'T BREAK A PRESS(FUNNY) JUST ASK THE COACH OF THE WILDCATS WHAT HAPPEN TO HIM LAST YEAR WHEN THE PRESS WAS ON HIM(FROZE)SO FUTURE KNOWS THE GAME AND THE PRESS IS NOTHING TO THEM. EVERY ONE THOUGHT THE WILDCATS WOULD RUN THE SCORE UP ON THE FUTURE PUTTING THE TEAM DOWN WELL WHEN IT COUNTED THE BEST TEAM WON.

According to the official scorebook, the score between the Future and the Wildcats was 67 - 59, which is only an 8 point spread, not 12. Tyrone had 10 points, not UNDER 10 points. Once again, the Future is running fast and loose with the facts, but what do you expect since BDOE was keeping the Future's books. :confused:

Collins, the Future's coach, understands the game of basketball. He thinks fast, makes adjustments when needed and his team always hustles. No matter what you think of him as a person....he's a very good basketball coach! That obviously was the case in the Future v. Wildcats game. There will probably be a rematch somewhere down the road.