THANKS TO SARA HICKERSON

SOFTBALL5

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU SARA. YOU ARE WHAT MAKES MY DAUGHTER THRIVE TO DO HER BEST AGAINST OVERTON. SHE HAS HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT WHAT A GOOD PITCHER AND HITTER YOU ARE. SHE PUSHES HERSELF HARDER AGAINST YOU AND YOUR TEAM MORE THAN ANY OTHER TEAM IN OUR DISTRICT. I WOULD JUST LIKE FOR YOU TO KNOW THAT IT IS YOU THAT SHE FOCUSES ON IN EACH GAME THAT WE PLAY AGAINST OVERTON. SHE IS JUST A SOPHOMORE AND THIS IS HER 3RD YEAR TO PITCH AND HER 4TH YEAR TO PLAY SOFTBALL. SHE STILL HAS A HARD TIME WITH SOME OF HER PITCHES(I'M SURE YOU ALL KNOW WHICH ONE) BUT SHE IS STILL LEARNING HOW TO CONTROL HER PITCHES. SHE USED TO CRY WHEN SHE HIT A BATTER. HER PITCHING COACH (JESSICA CROSSER) HAS HELPED HER WITH THAT. SHE DOESN'T CRY ANYMORE BUT SHE GETS MAD AT HERSELF FOR PUTTING A RUNNER ON BASE. SHE HATES THAT WORSE THAN A WALK. A LOT OF TIMES A HIT BATTER OR A WALKED BATTER WILL COST US A RUN. I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT COLLEGE CAREER AND ALWAY REMEMBER SOMEONE YOUNGER MAY BE WATCHING. I TELL TARRAH THAT ALL THE TIME. ALWAYS TRY TO MAKE A GOOD IMPRESSION, DO YOUR BEST, BE NICE, AND ALWAYS TREAT OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED. MAY GOD ALWAYS BE WITH YOU AND THANKS AGAIN. :D:D:D:D:)

THIS IS MEANT TO BE A GOOD POST. PLEASE SO NOT POST ANYTHING BAD ON THIS THREAD. THANK YOU!!!

[Edited by SOFTBALL5 on 4-29-03 2:36P]

[Edited by SOFTBALL5 on 4-29-03 2:37P]

I was just wading through all of the mudslinging that has been posted on this board recently and wishing that adults would try to be more positive and set a better example for our teenagers, when lo and behold, this post appeared. Not only is it a very kind post about someone that the writer barely knows and has never played on a team with, but it also happens to be about my daughter! Thank you so much for sharing your kind thoughts. I showed your post to Sara, and she was deeply touched. (Sara stopped reading this board long ago because of all the negative posts, but I am hooked, although I seldom post anymore because I got tired of being dragged through the mud everytime someone disagreed with what I had to say.) Congratulations on your win yesterday. Hickman County has been a formidable opponent for us for the past two years. Even though we had won the last 4 games, the scores were 2-1, 2-0, 1-0, and 1-0. With games like that, you know it is only a matter of time until the tables are turned, and you certainly turned them yesterday. I have been impressed with Tarrah's development over the past two years. If she continues to improve, I am sure she will have (probably already does have) plenty of younger girls looking up to her. I just wish you would ask her not to focus so much on Sara the next time we play. In our last three meetings (all pitched by Tarrah), Sara has not had a hit. I have gained a great respect for the Hickman County program over the past two years. Not only do you play very competitive ball, but both the parents and players demonstrate exemplary sportsmanship.

I wish I had a good mark to give, but I don't. Maybe somebody can help me out here. Thanks again for the kind words, and good luck in the remainder of the season.

Softball5, Don't worry about Tarrah, she has her future in front of her. She is a very bright young pitcher, I have watched her for a couple of years & she is someone other teams in this tough district will have to battle. There are many good pitchers in this district & all the glory sometimes doesn't get passed around. You have to remember some of the other girls have been pitching for 8-9 years, but if she continues to progress, HC will be a tough game as always. You have had some really good wins lately.

I talked to you a couple of weeks ago & I understand your frustration as a parent, but she is tough & will be fine with her desires.

Good Luck through the rest of the season.