Page At Marshall Co.

PageMan

I started a new thread since the old one was locked. Page at Marshall Co rescheduled for 7:00 Tuesday. But I could be wrong since I'm an idiot who keeps the scorebook for a bunch of "unskilled" players. Five of those "unskilled" players made the All-District Team though. I guess I'm so stupid I don't know what unskilled means. All right that's enough.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a feeling this game will be played come h or high water - ok we've got the high water. Expect the classic pitching duel of Smithson & Lykins. Let's see if the District MVP has what it takes. I know Smithson is ready - he will be the man tomorrow. Look for my report here.

Yesterday's good feelings have been replaced by dispair this morning (Wed) as the storms continue. The tournament format might be changed to a single elimination with all teams at one site, probably Marshall Co., with games possibly this weekend - there probably will a coaches meeting at some point. If the games cannot be played, Marshall Co. & Fairview will probably represent the district in the regional tournament. Let's hope the games can be played at some point this weekend.

OK now I get where apsugov7 was coming from. Lykins is a great player and will be a fine addition to the Austin Peay club next year. It probably will be a game with few hits - on both sides. If Smithson pitches for Page, he only allowed 3 hits when Marshall defeated Page 2-0 at Page. Lykins likewise only gave up 3 hits. The only problem that Lykins had was 8 walks, which is a little high. Smithson walked 2, but hit 3 batters. So both pitchers occasionally get a little off the mark. It will be a classic pitching duel between two great players.

Thursday morning is foggy with scattered thunderstorms expected by noon. With the humidity at 100%, I don't think either Marshall Co. or Fairview fields have dried much. If the games are not played today, expect some announcement from the coaches on whether the tournament will even be played. Friday's weather looks better, but I think its getting too late for a full tournament schedule. If they decide on a single-elimination tournament, it will change the pitching plans for all teams. This one & done format will hurt a team who happens to have an off day - no chance to return from the loser's bracket and redeem yourself. I wish all the games could be played so it would be fair to all. Keep your fingers crossed - maybe things will work out.