10u Girls

have anyone heard who's all in the state in cookeville, I know that the Murfreesboro lady belle are in they won the sub-state in Shelbyville, did any one hear that they have a player #3 that averages over 25 points per game (that is unbeliveable especially when girls that age doesn't hit that much the entire game. I heard that she hit in the championship game in the sub-state 42 points, with being double team. I would like to see them play the Memphis Waves who I also heard alot about, this should be a good match up.

Look luck girls in the STATE TOURNAMENT!!!!!! :)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Murfreesboro Lady Belles are "lucky" (even though i don't like to say it) to be at state as a number 1 seed. The ONLY player they have is #3 (and yes i believe you are right superstar1, she did score something like 42 points in the final). She single-handedly defeated that Express team in the sub-state final. I believe the Express was up by like 10 with 1 minute left to go, and then made some stupid mistakes: 4 or 5 turnovers, 2 critical missed free throws, and a coach who looked like he choked under the pressure. #3 scored 10 points off the turnovers, including a fadeaway shot from the corner of the free throw line over two of the Express's guards in the last minute alone. Despite all that went wrong, the Express had a chance to win it with the final shot, but wasn't able to set up a good play and had to take a shot from near the 3-point line. So in a word, I'll say they were "lucky" to get the breaks they got down the stretch. However, I will say that this was one of the best 10U games I've ever seen, and i definitely got my five bucks worth that day, since i originally paid to see the 11U game following that one. As for the other teams, I'll give a little run down of each team:

1. Memphis Waves - Still the best team in 10U, and should take the state title with little to no problems.

2. Murfreesboro Lady Belles - #3 is the best player in the state and one of the top ones in the nation. She'll get them to nationals all by herself, she's just that good.

3. KGC Lady Pride - I do not know much about them, therefore, they are my "sleeper" team that will sneak their way into nationals.

4. TN Top Guns - The South Middle substate was by far the best substate this year, from what action I saw from 3 of the 4 substates. There could have been 4 teams that could have represented the South-Middle and done a great job. Anyway, this team is tough, tall, and physical, and they have one obnoxious coach, but her players seem to respond to her well.

5. TN Raiders/Stars - Very good team who lost to that Lady Pride team. They are extremely good and could get that last spot into nationals.

6. Memphis Elite - Any team from Memphis is tough. They are big and quick and could make some noise at state.

7. Crossville Crush - The other team i haven't seen really. From what i have heard, they are decent, but they could surprise me.

8. Sycamore Sparks - They are small but quick. I was a little surprised to see them do so well, but the North-Middle was not all that hard this year. This team, however, has a lot of heart and a coach that is completely devoted to the team, so we'll have to see if thats enough to get them out of pool play at state.

Edited by ptguard12

ptguard12,

Your analysis is pretty good but I don't think that the player (#3) on the Belles is the best 10U in the state or nation. There is a 10yr. old (1992) athlete from Memphis, TN. that plays on the West TN Lady Tigers 11U team that's extremly talented. If you have a chance to see the 11U State Championships this weekend definitely go check her out. BTW she is also #3 and her dad is the coach. She single handedly beat the defending 10U State Champions Memphis Waves in the 11U sub-state tournament last weekend. She's got some serious game. . .

Yes I would probably agree, I've seen this young lady (#3) on the 11U West TN Lady Tigers play, she's really good. Probably one of the best young (10U) players I've seen in sometime, but she plays up with the 11U team. :D

Edited by tyjacks

I believe i might have saw the #3 you are talking about play before. Did she play for the 10U West Tennessee Lady Tigers last year as a 9 year old? Oh and believe me, in the 10U tournament this year, the Lady Belles player is the BEST in the State, you just wait and see Mr. Jackson. She'll give your waves all they can handle until you can find a way to stop her. I never said she was the best in the nation, but she is definitely up there among the best. I mean, the girl slaps the backboard everytime she goes up for a layup!! I'm sorry but i consider that incredible, since i have never seen a 10 year old do that before!

I know that the player on the lady belle is definitely one of the best player at that age I have ever saw, especially knowing the game as I do, she has been playing with her older brother and sister which both are on top AAU teams, the girl shoots 3-points and average two or three per game she has an average of 80% or better on the line, if this team pick up about one or two pretty good players, you can expect to see them in the national somewhere in the top ranks, and how I know this, I am the mother, and I know she works very hard at this, very hard. She practice with high school girls on the week-end, but most of all she's an honor student and that is what count the most. Again I say Good Luck to all in the STATE T. :D

Edited by SuperStar1

SuperStar1,

I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when i saw her during that championship game. The way she shoots is almost flawless, she is as fast as lightning, and she was so smart down the stretch because she knew she had to be careful because of her foul trouble. Even though i don't remember her hitting a 3-pointer during the game, the fact that she took a shot from about 4 feet behind the 3-point line showed me that she had confidence shooting at that distance. I looked around for the proud mother, but yall's crowd was so calm during the whole game. Yeah if yall could pick up some good players to go along with her, yall would be unstoppable.

Superstar1,

Why was your initial posting to start this chat string in third party? You mentioned and asked "has anyone heard about" a player who you obviously already knew about? Since it's your daughter, this doesn't make sense. . .Hmm. . . Anyway, I don't mean to ruffle anyone’s feathers, the young lady sounds impressive but it also sounds like mom is reveling in her daughter’s success and needs to take a course in humility. All of our children work hard and we all love to see our children do well, but to boast about it says something else. The previous post said nothing specific about or toward the Lady Belle player, just that she might not be the 'BEST' and that there are several other good athletes in Tennessee. When its all said and done, you will quickly discover that it's the BEST TEAM(s) who will represent Tennessee at the AAU 10U Nationals not the 'BEST PLAYER'. I'll be there for the 12U Championships and I'll hang around to watch a few 10U games.

Edited by quartz

quartz, you are absolutely right, I was replying as if I was a third-party, and I should have been reveling on about the whole entire team for the lady belles, because all of them do play hard and well just as other teams do also, but where does HUMILITY fit in here, I just was speaking as a proud mother I guess? This just all in fun, and thats how I'm taking it and I'm guessing that you have someone that plays or you know of also or (12u)you wouldn't have REPLIED!!!! Well I really was interested in the other 10u teams that would be playing in the state, so thank you ptguard12.

M'boro Lady Belles

Edited by SuperStar1

Superstar1,

No problem didn't mean to come across so strong. It sounds like ptguard12 has is very familiar with this age group and has provided some good insight. I've seen the Waves a few times but I haven't seen any of the other Tennessee 10U teams.