William Blount Baseball

fan4ever

You can't count William Blount out. Maryville did blast William Blount 11-1 on a Sunday afternoon the day after prom. If this rain quits, the resillient Governors will work through the losers bracket, and we'll see Farragut and William Blount in the Region tournament. William Blount has had far too good a season to quit now, the Govs are now 29-8 and are ranked top 10 in the state. "They are on a MISSION"

The Maryville - William Blount rivalry has been one of the best things going this year. Both teams had excellent seasons. William Blount deserves their state ranking, but Maryville actually looked more dominant when they played Knox West this year. I was surprised at the district tournament score, but if WB had the prom the night before that might explain their sub-par performance.

Both are deserving of a regional berth. Unfortunately, barring an upset of Farragut, at least one of these teams will end their season in the district tournament.

I think that there is a good rivalry there....and i am not making a prediction but I would love to have a Farragut victory over Marryville today i mean call me biased but a WB and Marryville 4 would be a great matchup especially if a region bid is on the line. I think i am pro marryville in that game be it that i have played and will be playing with some this summer. But best luck to both teams