Columbia Central

Yankee0697

Hey LKrunner, I dont know if your comments were a knock on Columbia. I dont even know if you have seen us play. Im sorry if my comments were sarcastic, but after a team works its butt off like we did this year (0-4-2 start) and then you make comments that seem to belittle us we might get a little defensive. To look at our team on paper and then compare it to our results you would have to say we overachieved. We cannot help that we didnt face the competition in the playoffs that Smyrna or some other teams faced but we did win those games and thats what matters. Sure Brentwood, Clarksville and Hendersonville are better teams than we are, but we won when we had to.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it suprising to see a team like Columbia win region 4. This team has been playing together for a long time either school or club. Our defense allowed just over 1 goal per game. Sure our offense has struggled but Id rather have a strong defense and weak offense than vice versa. Columbia surprised alot of people just because of the poor record we had last year, but anybody who knows about this team knew we would be greatly improved. I will admit, I didnt think we would make it to the final 4, but hey we peaked at the right time. We were planning on next year to be our big year. We will be have our returning keeper, 2 defenders, 3 midfielders and both our strikers next year. We figured to go to regions this year and then take it from there. It s hard to improve next year since we made the final four this year, but we would like to go a little further next year. On paper, next years team should be better, but we all know what paper means.

We returned 8 starters from last year and will return 8 starters next year.

What kind of quote is that? You returned 8 starters and you will return another 8 this year? You play with 16 players? I know for a fact you had more than 6 seniors starting. I guess you guys in Columbia are not very good in Math!! Or maybe you started 8 Freshman and 8 Sophomores, that is good, you guys will win state next year. Unfortunately Tullahoma will be good again, Franklin Co will be good again, Shelbyville will be good again, you might finish 5th or 6th next year, if you are lucky.

Good Luck though....

i guess symrna cant read ...we had 8 starters return this year from the year before, and next year we have another set of 8 starters come back.. but since you know for a fact that we started 6 seniors it must be right but its funny because i only remember starting 3 our right fullback and both wings but im sure you are right and since we will be lucky to finish 5th or 6th in district where will that put yall b/c if i remember correct we tied i guess you wont be getting out of district either but thats ok i guess we were just lucky to get to the final four and i do admit there was some luck to get there but i guess you ran out of luck b/c you werent on the field with farragut but instead on the ride home...

Bryan Cartmell GK

Edited by Yankee0697

You are doing a fantastic job talking trash little man. That's ok though because you will not be anywhere close to being good next year. And you need to remember we are not in the same district so if you finish 5th or 6th don't be upset. Oh and by the way we played a team that had 15 wins in the finals not a team with 3 wins like collierville, that's why we were going home. Go get a clue about how much luck you had to get there and then talk to me.

Seems he is a bigger man than you, your team, and your coach, who displyed so much character during your last game. CLASSY! Grow up!

Just play the game in the way it should be played, with your mouth shut.

Soccer411 you seem to be an angry person every time I read one of your posts you are trying to defend your team or trash someone elses. Do you think you should maybe try some anger management classes? Chill!

Your team is good.

Edited by flyer

Nothing cuts deeper than the truth. By the way Collierville was 10-7. soccerinfo.com did not have all the games included. If you read any of my other posts you would have seen that I mentioned how hard your playoff run was compared to ours. You guys are a good team that had to beat some good teams to finish where you did. But keep complaining that ought to build character!!!!!!! And as far as us not being any good next year, I guess you know our team better than we do especially since you KNOW FOR A FACT that we had at least 6 seniors start this year (but as everyone else knows we only had 3) Quit putting your foot in your mouth and move on.

Edited by Yankee0697

why is it 411 you think we are gonna be so horrible next year? we only loose one senior who actually did anything all year and thats our right fullback michael jennings the other spots have already been replaced with people who can do as good if not better job than them and as for jennings freshman jack sowell should be taking his spot so next year all i can see is us improving but you seem to think different... a great defense brought us to memphis and we only lose one player so why is it you think we are gonna be so horrible not to make it out of district? .....oh and about the luck i already agreed with you that we got the luckiest of the draws but luck didnt bring us the whole way it took some talent, some hardwork, some teamwork, and some wonderful defense

Bryan Cartmell GK

In all fairness i have not seen yankee gloat or brag once on here about there run, he has mentioned many times that he knows there are better teams out there in the state and that they got one of the easiest paths to the final 8. While yankee has talked a lot abuot "the run" and, no offense, it has been sickening at times lol but i'd be happy too if i got as far as they did especially being so unexpected. So ease off they might have been lucky at times but its still the same ending so talkin about how lucky or how untalented compared to other teams they were isn't gonna help anything let them come out next year and keep proving themselves if they fall on there face then say somethin but untill that happens lay off.

Edited by hometownhero

man ihere yall will be terrible next year. some guy named cartmel or something i dont know hes terrible and this jeremy ware character theres a real winner (not) and of course lets not forget this lance bullock kid someone needs to teach these kids how to play soccer cause there terrible and not to mention teach all of them how to shoot some hoops

I was just saying that Region four didn't have the same strong teams as they once did. The team that got out of region 4 was not a great team. They got where they did by playing well but they aren't a wonderful team. No offense to Columbia, but teams like Cookeville, Franklin County, and Tullahome just aren't what they used to be. I wasn't making fun of anyone so don't be so touchy.

-LK

You are absolutely right. Franklin Co, Tullahoma, Cookeville arent what they once were. Other teams have stepped up and replaced them.That doesnt mean these new teams arent as good as the other teams were. Did you see Columbia,Shelbyville, Blackman or Riverdale play this year? Last year it was Tullahoma and Franklin Co. from district 8 and Cookeville and Oakland from district 9. We can argue forever who the better teams were but the point is teams go through rebuilding phases and get replaced. We beat Oakland last year but never got to play Cookeville. I thought both Blackman and Riverdale were very good teams. Blackman was ranked in the top 11 for part of the year. Next year if Columbia or Shelbyville fall off their game people might say that the district isnt as strong as it once was. That too wouldnt be fair because sooner or later top teams get replaced. I wasnt being touchy, I was just trying to be objective. Im sure you were just trying to do the same.