Sectional Games

PageMan

Today's AA Sectional games of Fairview at Jackson South Side 8:00 and Milan at Marshall Co. 7:00 could be affected by rain. Current Radar (11:40) shows a line of storms moving NE just past Memphis. The intensity of the storms has diminished slightly as of late and maybe they will move quickly through and not cancel the scheduled games. Let's hope we don't have a repeat of rainouts that plagued the district tournaments.

WeatherMan

Knox County Schools were out today because of the tornadoes that hit Knoxville yesterday. We did not get much rain in Farragut, but my mom on the way from work saw a tornado and the road was covered in hail. When all of this stuff was going on, we were having practice at Farragut. It only sprinkled on us.

At 1:43, the weather out here in Knoxville looks good for now. It is mostly cloudy and warm outside. I just checked the weather and it looks bad out in West TN. It looks like it might hit East TN later tonight. I hope we get our game in with Morristown West before the rain starts. It looks like the weekend and the beginning of next week are going to be a washout. We will see what happens.

Things do not look good on radar in West TN with more developement in Arkansas. Storm line through Jackson has re-intensified with heating of the day. A decision for West TN will probably be made shortly since rain is already stretching from Memphis to Jackson. Middle TN will be doubtful tonight and East TN may have a chance - it depends on speed of approaching storm line.

Channel 4 in Nashville - Live Doppler at 1:26 shows 1st round on storms already clearing Jackson so this is moving pretty quickly. If you have an infield tarp in Middle TN, I suggest using it within the hour. Maybe it will blow through quickly and not drop too much rain.

Edited by PageMan