big scrimmage

northmemphis2

I, too, thought that Central was the best team there. I followed them only. The 1st scrimmage was TN High, and Central pretty much dominated them on both sides of the ball. Central won that one 2 td's to 0. The reserves didn't score for either team.

The 2nd scrimmage against DB was a shocker to me. Central was clearly better at this point in the season. Central won 3 td's to 0. 2 of the td's were scored by the defense. Central's passing game was much better than the other 3 teams. The offensive line still needs to work on run blocking. D-B did some nice things running the ball and one of the running backs was very good. D-B could just overpower some teams. Again, neither of the reserve teams scored.

Central's 3rd scrimmage against Mo-West was tough. Central was clearly out of gas. They scored early on West but gave the ball up twice deep in their end and West scored both times. Central scored later on a long pass to even it up 2 td's each. West's defense was impressive to me. They are fast and aggressive and fly to the ball. They have 3-4 kids who are real playmakers on defense. Central's reserves beat West's 2 td's to 1.

I think all these teams have a better idea where they stand after this.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West vs DB was ugly, the west offense gave up 2 touchdown interceptions and fumbled a lot. the only score against the west defense by DB was a field goal after Db recovered a fumbled on about the 50 and made a couple of good catches to set up around the 20 but West's D held and forced a field goal. The only score was a West safety.

West vs Tennessee high was pretty much controlled by West. The Defense handled the wing t pretty well. The 1st score was from the Denfense when Rice batted away a pass into the arms of DE Brandon Fanney, Fanney returned it for a TD. West QB John Minnich landed on his hand and suffered a deep bruise, everyone thought it was broken. Sophmore King, and Junior Rice tried to take the load but the offense commited to many fumbles to count, most from the center-QB exchange. Minnich should be fine in a week or two.

West vs Central was a good scrimmage by both sides. Central had some good runs off the option with the QB and jackson. Then West blew coverage twice and Central took atvantage with good passes into the endzone- one was a hailmary kind and no one knew the reciever was standing in the endzone wide open. The West D really turned it up and allowed no more scores with the 1's. West's O scored 4 times.

Everything i posted is regarding the 1st team players. Of all teams

jiveturkey--granted, Central took some time between plays, but the Central coaches were switching players and doing some coaching between plays. That is what scrimmages are all about. I don't think West scored 4 times on Central. They got real close on a couple of plays, but would get pushed out. I am certain that your place kicker kicked twice on the 1's and once on the reserves. Your kicker did a nice job. The last one that he missed was a bad hold and snap from where I was sitting. West will have a good team this year. That 1st game with Cleveland should be good. Best wishes this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the truth is db scored a field goal on west and scored 2 td's on interceptions west could have scored 3 or 4 times on db if it wasnt for fumbles not taking anything away from DB but its the truth as for tennessee high west dominated and knox central they weren't as good as west simple as that they do have a heck of a TB and QB

No No Trojan Man... Here's the real truth. DB scored on a Int. return, and picked up a loose ball and ran it in for a TD. Their other score was a field goal. Neither offense looked good at all, with each only having one good drive. West scored on a touchback after punting to the 3 yrd. line. DB tried some kind of stupid pass behind the goal line. West does have a very good defense. Who is the big DE on the right side ?

Im not taking anything away from West, but its the truth.

aNd yEs iM WaCo :justwrestle:

trojanplayer-- I know you are looking at it from a Mo-West player perspective, but to say that Central was not as good is wrong!!!!! West has an excellent defense, but you did not have any long drives. Your 2 td's came from in close on defensive plays. I will say that in talking to the kids from Central, they said you all hit the hardest. But all this is just talk now. The season is when it counts. Good luck.