Who will win region?

TrackandCross

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kenwoodrun

AAA Girls. Here's my take as a midstate girls coach.

Region 4...The fight here is between Coach Salty's freshly minted Seigal Stars and the resurgent girls from Cookeville. It's a toss up, both are state bound.

Region 5...It's been us (Kenwood) and Northwest in very tight team battles for the regional title the past two years. If we stay healthy, I'd say we'll go 1-2 again in either order. Gallatin, Rossview and Beech fight for 3rd...

Region 6...Brentwood High wins in a massive unnecessary landslide. I have no idea who gets in next.

Region 7...Barlett, Cordova and Bolton are all traditionally great. I'll bet they mix it up.

Region 8...White Station is primed to pull the major upset over Houston if they are as good as advertised.

As far as regions 1-3, you guys tell me. We seem to have a LOT of people on this board out of region 3 (Bradley/McMinn area), they'll be able to call that region.

Guest kenwoodrun

I noticed that Columbia has improved a lot. They had three, maybe four girls up running well and then a big gap back to their 5th if I remember right. If they can close up that 5th runner gap, then they can contend for a spot out of that region as well.

And by the way, the statement that McMinn is "so much more dedicated than any other school" begs a lot of questions I won't ask. Those guys are great, and probably the most underappreciated state champ in recent memory...but come on, that's a statement worth critique.