Chester County Football

slammer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the Trenton game, I said it was a good win for them and yes Trenton has a good defense, but thier offense is very far behind. After a 20-6 win against a very down Union City, I dont think it will be much of a credited game as you think.

I have seen Trenton play and there is no way that they have a dominant defense. I think they may be better than in years past but they still are not at the level that is typical of 2A west TN football. The score on the Union City game did surprise me, I did not realize Union City was down as much as they are. Chester county has a large enough student body they should be able to field a competitive team year in and year out. I hope Chester county and Huntingdon both win this week, that way it will be a contest between two undefeated teams next week.

Huntingdon should have no problem with Lexington. Who did you see Trenton play, out of curiosity?

I have nothing but respect for that H'don program. Like you, I'd love to see both teams at 3-0 going into that game. That game will show us how good Chester County really is... we already know H'don is one of the best in the state.

Good post.

I agree we have to disagree on Trenton..I dont see them making the playoffs this year.

I agree Chester need some wins...for the last ten years it hasnt been pretty. But I think wins against the above mentioned teams are very capable. Then it would shut up people like me who think they have a weaker schedule! :D Huntingdon and Mckenzie are great teams and will be the true tests to see how Chester stacks up against closer talent-level.

Concerning McNairy running up the score...pretty bad by Browder but it is a rival. You think if CCHS got up on Mcnairy (like I think they would this year with the talent) we wouldnt run it up? I believe we would..and would love to see it. Its what makes rivalaries great..unless of course, you never win. Now that I think of it, I hate McNairy! :ph34r:

Serious question, does CC have a rival now that they dont play McNairy?

I don't disagree that their schedule is fairly weak in comparison to years past. But I don't think it's purely because Coach Cupples was trying to make it that way. Some of it is just the luck of the draw this year.

As for the new "rival", good question. I guess Adamsville would be the closest thing we've got. Of course, this is just my third year following the program, so after 56-14 and 48-7 losses to McNairy, it didn't seem like much of a rivalry to me. The Adamsville games the last two years have been competitive, and it seems like we're always each other's homecoming game.

As for Hahuna... if I'm not mistaken, Coach Cupples began using that as a theme last year. It's a Hawaiian term that basically means "hit your opponent until they can't get back up". Or something like that. I'm probably a little off-base on that description, but that is the gist of it as I understand it.

Edited by TheBoredGuy

Yep, I came "on board" so to speak in '01. It's been a lot of fun, even though the last two years have been painful at times. I'm happy for the players for sticking with it and finally getting some positive things going.

You can probably help me with something... in '98, did you win your 1st 3 games of the year? Earl Nall's history has CCHS losing in week 3 and winning in week 4, but I've been told you started off '98 by winning 3 straight. That information would be quite helpful for me.

You know, VG, in years past I would agree with that.

But you haven't seen Chester County play, and you haven't seen their defense. Riverside had a whopping 41 yards rushing on 30 carries last week, and FA is going to run the ball 95% of the time. CCHS is a very physical team with linebackers that can cover a ton of ground. Fayette's a good program, but after their losing to Bolivar it's pretty clear they're not as good as in years past. I know most of west TN isn't used to Chester County having a good team, but believe me when I say this is a good team.

I'm just hoping the guys don't look past this game and ahead to Huntingdon next week. The only way Fayette wins this game is if the Eagles don't come to play and/or happen to turn the ball over an inordinate amount of times.

Maybe you`re right, but I doubt that Riverside has anyone as good as Colin Bodiford.

I know that folks have been really pumped up down in Chester County. I hope they are for real this year.

JCM`s freshman team scrimmaged their JV team last year and they did look pretty good.