Cumberland Gap vs. Union Co.

CG Panther Dad

I THINK EVERYONE IS PICKING CUMBERLAND GAP BECAUSE UNION COUNTY AS GREAT AS THEY ARE SHOULD BE 2 AND 0 NOT 0 AND 2 AND HAS YET TO PROVE IT CAN WIN THE BIG GAME I'D LOVE TO SEE UNION MAKE THE PLAYOFFS BUT RIGHT NOW IT LOOKS LIKE SULLIVAN NORTH,PIGEON FORGE,RUTLEDGE AND SEYMOUR WITH UNION AND CLAIBORNE FOLLOWING BEHIND.WHAT IS THE STATIS OF AUSTIN LUCAS? DID HE PLAY LAST WEEK? I DID NOT SEE ANY INFRACTION ON THAT PLAY LAST WEEK WHERE UNION GOT A TOUCHDOWN CALLED BACK THAT WAS BS.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well another week. This is the biggest game of the year for UC, it is a must win game. It is not a district game but a must win for confidence, and if the season is to be salvaged a MUST WIN.

Sounds like in some other post both of the schools are worried about individuals rather that the team win. Players seem to want to tally stats instead of wins.

CG had a big win last week and will be hungry for another. UC has lost 2 and seem to be having more problems lately. Could be a great game if both come to play.

UC has not learned the art of winning the close one, therefore I go with CG in a close one.

Union County has as much pure raw talent as anyone in the district, I just think that they have made some coaching mistakes and I feel like thats one of the reasons that we are 0 and 3. They seem to be very predictable in there running game and they have a lack of disciple. I'm a very strong supporter of Unoin County football, and I'm not in any way bashing our team or anyone affiliated with it I just think we need to make some adjustments, before its too late. Maybe we will get it turned around this week and win our first of the season.

Good, pressure makes people work harder, and feel a since of urgency. Pressure will make one win or get out. Its about time pressure was applied. And before I hear the word BASHING again I'm not talking about players or anyones kid, coach.

i'm sad for union county football this years and last years team should have been playoff bound but won't be.the people up there are so nice i hope union beats sullivan north then you will get in the playoffs so great luck and call the knoxville paper with your awesome quarterbacks stats he is never in there.go red devils opps pats:)

Why don't they set the Goalposts at Cumberland Gap so they will have a legal playing field. If thats not cheating, I've never seen it. One goal is set 2 to3 feet out of square with their field. Both have cross-bars way too low. Their coaches always kick on the North Goal post because its only 9 ft high. How's that for a bunch of Cheaters.

Edited by pvbaseball21