Pickett Co Football

bobcats1

Pickett Co and football usually don't go well together but the guys in pickett co play their hearts out especially starting QB freshman matt clark ..he went down in the pre season with a broken collar bone and is back out on the field the look and fire in this kid's eyes is unbeliveable i think if he was surronded with some more players at his level sky would be the limit 4 this kid but he fights and plays 4 quaters no matter how bad the game is going so keep it up clark the win's will come just takes time cause there is alot of football ahead of u man ...this hoops town is coming so how long u think it'll take pickett co to get their program going to play varsity schedule?

Edited by bobcats1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give these boys a year or two, atgood coach that knows how to motivate and instill the will to win and they will be an above average team.They are some tough kids that just needs to be guided in the right directon.

What this team needs is a serious commitment from the school board to football. Build a stadium, Locker room, and hire a real football coach. Then they may develop into a good program! Coach Booher does a good job with what he has been given, but he will be the first to tell you he is a basketball coach. Pickett County will need to bring in a solid football coach who can teach the fundamentals and continue to strengthen their middle school program. They MUST build a football field and get off the baseball field before anyone will take them serious. It is possible that they can do all of this before the 2005 season when they will start playing a full varsity schedule in Region 4-1A.

ELA,

good points. I do have to commend Elmo with where he has brought this team in a short time. I realize there is still a wys to go, but so far so good.

I agree... I know Elmo has his supporters and also those who don't like him in Byrdstown (like any head coach of any sport) but he has been willing to start the program back and he has stayed with despite a lack of funds and equipment.

• 2 weeks later...