Oneida Spears the Huskies

happy_highlander

Yep, the Indians rolled last night.

It wasn't hard for them, they ran basically 3 plays all night. North Greene never made an adjustment. End of story.

Basically, I didn't see a huge difference in talent, Oneida was a little faster, but had 2-3 times as many kids (I didn't count them this time). Able to rotate players they kept the Huskies on their heels all night. North Greene's game plan was sound, however execution was not up to par. They fell apart.

I'm not going to bash anyone, especially kids, but the preparation for this game was unacceptable in a program that is trying to improve. So much so, the defensive coach resigned at the game last night. He will not be back. The defense practiced one day, Thursday, for this offense, you cannot win like that. I really think the kids have been done a disservice the last while with the lack of support from the top to the bottom at North Greene. It's bad when you play your first ever home playoff game and the visitors have more fans in the stands than you do. Do I sound bitter? Well, it was my son's last game, and to have it so poorly prepared, executed, and supported really toasts my nuggets.

I want to say to Oneida, you all are a good, well coached, very disciplined team. I only hope good things for you, good luck in the playoffs, and I hope we meet again next year.

To region 2, BRING THE GOLD BALL HOME TO THE EAST!

ie, I'm sorry your son's last game was treated that way. I'm watching the replay right now on our television station, and the lack of adjustments is very apparent as the first half goes on. But this is where programs can really turnthings around for the long run, learn from this. I'm sure your son right now doesn't want to remember anything about the game, but if you want a copy of it, just let me know. Good luck to your son in the future! If he's anything like you, he'll do well.

ie3, I'm sorry that was your son's last game. You all had some good players and should be proud of your team for the most part. Now to the other part. There were two guys I know of that talked smack and played dirty. #54 was talking the smack all game to me and we went at it all game on kick cover for us. The other was #4 who was punching our freshman safety on the last play of the game and would have punched me when i pulled him off the pile if the ref would'nt have stopped him. Besides those, two you all are a classy bunch, but it is understandable, every team has bad apples.

IE3, sorry it was your son's last game. It is always difficult for the seniors. I certainly hope that your son is not #4. As a fan of high school football it is always upsetting to see a player lose his composure, and this young man certainly did. This has to be attributed to lack of discipline from the coaching staff down. Seldom have I witnessed a player come off the field and throw his headgear down, one time. But after the third time of this young man doing this, it was really disturbing, but not nearly as disturbing as the "universal" signal he gave the opposing fans. This was utterly classless, and although the coaching staff didn't see the action, everyone in the stands did. I really don't think he made anyone of the North Greene fans proud at that moment. ;)

We were treated very kindly by the North Greene faculty & staff who worked the game and are very appreciative of the hospitality showed. I truly hope that your program will continue to build, you have some very good athletes who deserve people to put as much into the game as they ask of the athletes. Success is based on preparation and as you said, one defensive practice doesn't cut it.

Good luck to your son in the future.

Ph and Penny,

I want to apologize, I haven't been back to this thread for obvious reasons. I really wanted to calm down alittle before posting again about the game. I'm still upset about the preparation, it has been a major problem for years at North Greene.

Penny, I will have a talk with the young man you mentioned, he's very young, but that is not an excuse. Please accept my apologies, no he's not my son (he's #68), but as a parent we are all responsible.

PH, I will not condone what #4 did, let me say it's been taken care of, Mama met him as he left the field! BUT, the gesture you mentioned, while deplorable, was the result of an adult not acting like an adult. The gentleman that taunted an already upset child, well.... not an excuse by any means, two wrongs never make a right.

I just wanted to add that I've know #4 since he was 5 or 6 and off the field, he's just the kind of kid you'd want to see your daughter with, but on the field, well, Friday was the extreme. He gets very aggressive. Funny how the game can bring that out in some folks. Believe it or not, after the game, he was looking for the fellow he gestured to, to apologize. He really is a good kid, just very, very intense.

I really do wish the Oneida fans and team all the best. You are a class act and you will be meeting another I think in Greenback.

Edited by ie3

Well, not being the guy he gestured to, I'll just say this.

On the field, *expletive deleted* happens. Mistakes made. Try to forget it, and keep your head up. It's not something that should haunt you for the rest of your life. I know, with people liek you, ie, that care about him, he'll learn from this and be a better person for it.

Still got a tape with your name on it. ;)