MacDuk

Once again, we have to be practical when we think about this. He put people's health in danger. What happens when he attacks the ref? Anyway, the call was reviewed by a group of unbias refs, and the general assessment was that the call was correct. I'm not saying that I agree or that I don't sympathize with his situation, but the problem is that nobody knows what he will do next time he gets a bad call. You can't justify what he did by saying "you would be a little frustrated also". Coaches are there to argue calls, because they are more responsible, and they won't kick over the freakin scoreboard right next to a bunch of people. Besides, for the last time, I'm not saying that he shouldn't have been mad. Nobody write me back saying, "You would be mad too". I don't think I would have vandalized property and run from security. I've seen kids get screwed a lot worse than Scooter did, but Scooter is the one we keep hearing about. Don't tell me that anyone would have done the same thing, because I have seen kids in the same situation that didn't do the same thing.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best of the west, I agree with most of what you've said. I would also add there were other calls by the same Ref in that match that could be questioned that were in Houston's favor, so I doubt the Ref had it in for him like some seem to be suggesting. The fact is that anyway you look at it his actions they were wrong. Thank goodness not everyone reacts like that when a call is not in their favor or we'd have to have alot more scoreboards and keep the fans at least 5 rows from the floor.

well there is no doubt in my mind that scooter couldnt be at 160 but would he actually face the challenge of the heavier, stronger guys this year? from 140 to 160 is a huge leap. the guys at 152 are both strong and quick but at 140 they are just quick. he will need to do a lot of work to build up for the muscle difference. but if he goes 152 i think he will do great. what new guys or returning guys are going 152? how about the guy from bradley central that wrestled 145 last year.. is he any better?

let me first say that i was on scooter's side last year. BUT, after seeing his actions on the football field this year, i would have to say that he has more of a problem than that "one incident" last year. i got on here last year after state and proclaimed that scooter got the screws put to him with that call. i stand by that opinion, but have witnessed him using very simular actions in 2 seperate football games this year.

as far as him going 152 or 160. agree with previous post, better get stronger!!

Every one seems to have an opinion about Scooter Houston and his bad behavior.

Does anyone know if there was any kind of punishment for his actions last year? Will he be allowed to wrestle this year? There's no way that TSSAA or his school administration will just let something like that slide.

I have to say that scooter was royally screwed. What he did wasnt right but you cant take away his great ability. As for best of west I think you are over doing it saying how you fear for your safety at meets. Unless you are going to wrestle scooter then you should worry. Then you also say he has had outburst leading up to that. Could you name a few for me I was just wondering what they were and why this problem hasnt been taken care of since you know he has had so many outburst according to you.

Well wrestlerguy---speaking from experience (of course) Houston threw my brother into a set of bleachers head-first after my brother got an escape point on him. He was penalized, and if my brother had stayed down, he would have won the match due to disqualification. But then again, that's just my experience. So, keep on blindly defending the kid. Don't punish him for his actions. I mean after all, he's an athlete. It should be acceptable, right? I don't think so buddy. And as far as me being scared at meets, that was a little sarcasm...sorry you didn't catch it. As kjfan said, one outburst like the one at state last year was too much.

Edited by best_of_the_west