Tiger Holiday Classic

RMC

After being at the Tiger Holiday Classic in Chapel Hill, NC. with 42 teams from Va., NC., SC., and Georgia I'll have to say that I think Tennessee has as good of wrestling teams as anybody in the South East.

We, Collins Hill, Ga., came in the 3rd. We took 12 wrestlers and 5 placed. We didn't take our 171 and 189 pounders because of illness and injury.

Great Bridge from Va. came in 1st. They had some studs, but only one or two champions. Summerville from SC. came in 2nd. In head to head matchups with Great Bridge we won all three of our matches.

If you are interested in the brackets you can find them at:

http://www.tigerholidayclassic.com/thc_home.htm

Edited by RMC

Thanks Sly.

Our 103 pounder, Kyle Maynard, was given the award for Courage. You may or may not remember, Kyle doesn't have any arms or legs. He lost to the #1 ranked kid from Virginia and eventual tournament champion.

Our 130 pounder, Tyler Parker, lost to Vincent Ramirez in the finals 4 - 1. Ramirez is the #1 ranked kid in the nation for that weight. For some reason Tyler isn't ranked.

I feel really dumb right now. He is ranked, but I can't remember by who. I think he is ranked around 15th or 16th in the nation. Nick is one of the two guys on our team that we feel deserve to be ranked in the top 10 on our team. Nick has performed well at the national level by placing 1st and 2nd in two national tournaments. The latest of those being the NHSCA Pre-season National held in Winston-Salem. Nick is also a 3 time state 5A placer with a 1st (2003), 2nd (2002), and 4th(2001) place finish.

The other kid is Tyler Parker. Tyler is a two time Georgia 5A state champion and is only a Junior. Tyler has also perfomed well at the national level with 3 of his 4 loses in the last 2 years coming to wrestlers that were ranked 6th or higher. The other loss came to Kyle James in overtime at the McCallie tournament last year. He followed that loss up by defeating Kyle at the Winder-Barrow tournament the following week.

best_of_the_west...I'll see if I can get the names, but Nick has beaten 4 of the kids that are ranked in above him.

In my previous post I meant no disrespect to Kyle James. I thought he would be someone of comparable level and someone this board would know.