Columbia Basketball

validation1

This is one of the worst Columbia teams I have seen. They were emrassed over Christmas in the Father Ryan tourney. Then lost to both Shelbyville and Lawrence Co in their district.

So is it the talent level, coaching or both. This is a team that COMPETS YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT.

What do you think???

Edited by validation1

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Validation1 maybe it's not the coacht or the kids every team has it ups and down years. This year it just seems to be Shelbyville and Lawrence Co. year to fight for the title. They are the two frontrunners this year in 8aaa and the title will go through any of the two with Lawrence Co being the team to beat right now.

Apprently I have hurt a sacred cow in these forums (i.e. Tyler Smith) so I will speak to something that is a little less controversial. This team is a bunch of great athletes that have very little game experience. They will be good in late Feb. Steve Gray is a man among boys...a lot like Barkley was (pardon the overstatement for lack of a better analogy). Zach is coming on strong and they are going to surprise some teams. They have a coach who understands X's and O's, which is more than I can say for a lot of coaches I have seen. You can't coach talent and experience, those come naturally.

• 2 weeks later...

my boys are down but not out they will work hard to be at the top once again I hope that they can make it (8 yrs. in a row) the lost to tony richards really hurt them they will need for zac to take more shots than he is used to but trust me C-TOWN will reign as champs once again!!!!

we might have to call those five seniors from last year to come and play one more year by the way how are all of those guys doing at college.

Can anyone tell me a coach that has won a state championship in his first year? Did they inherit a great team? This guy has one good senior and a bunch of underclassmen that haven't played much at all. I realize we have a high level of expectation here in Columbia, but I have never seen more "fair weather fans" in my whole life. He has some talent but nothing like in the past...sorry team that is just a fact. That doesn't mean we can't get it together and win some games, but to blame a 10-9 record on a "bad coach" what are we talking about? If we were 2-17 then we would have something to really worry about. It is easy to support a team when they are good, but the old coach saw this coming and wanted to leave before people started hating him. I don't know too many people who perform well when we hinge our support on every single game. Let's give him some time to get into this program and develop it. He is coming from coaching D-1 level college athletes to coaching high school kids. I imagine it is quite an adjustment. We missed 15 free throws against Spring Hill, that's not the coach's fault. We didn't execute at the end of the Spring Hill game, that is inexperience from underclassmen. These are normal issues, but blaming a coach because his players don't execute...that isn't right. If we are still having this discussion in a couple of years, then we have a legitimate issue. He told us it would be February before we would see these kids come together, so let's wait and see.