Region8/WTN

xtrmx

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the Region 8 comments. When will you analysts give CBHS the real credit it deserves. They have dominated the area not only this year but for the last 8 years.

xtrmx, first of all, the brother is not technically considered region eight persay, because d2 has larger and fewer divisions. and while they have always been a left side steamroller, they have had some bumps within "the last eight years". the red prince o' darkness had a streak of over 100 dual match victories v. teams in the big shelby that ended in 1999. i can only assume devil v. brother was wrestled because they were the area powers. i personally witnessed a brilliant coaching job by the leader of the dark side four years ago in the brother v. mustang regular season tilt at the wave pool, in which he bumped a j.v. 60 to 89 for a win, while having his speedier 89 bump to 15 and tech the brother monster leone. other posters would have to comment on other teams. so....................and besides, i'm a left side guy.

usfjim is correct about the Brothers technically not being in Region 8. I don't think anyone has denied that CBHS is the best team in West TN this year. It just so happens though that at this time Collierville is the best team in Region 8.

xtrmx, perhaps you should start a new string for DII West Region wrestling. This encompasses CBHS, MUS, Briarcrest, Harding, St. Benedict, Mem Catholic and St. George's.

Edited by CoachDelgado

...and they've gotten a load of credit for what they have done over there. Nobody is taking any credit away from them. Like Coach Lewis (the actual coach of CBHS) said, we are one big happy family. Nobody is trying to devalue anyone else. Now if you want to talk about getting the short end of the stick when it comes to credit, how about Coach Lewis? Yes, Tom Marable does a great job helping out with the program, and they wouldn't be where they are without him, but it is a crime not to mention Coach Lewis for his dedication to wrestling at CBHS and throughout Shelby County.

Edited by best_of_the_west

Tom Marable has done an outstanding job bring the Brothers to level to be recognized.

what do you mean, by birthin' two current wrestling babies?

painter "t" is a legend in brother history and is doing an outstanding job with the middle school program (shoot, his freakin name is still on the wall he was so bad). but your comment seems to take away from the wave leadership from the past several years, from markie b. (who i happened to see at the devil v. brother tilt friday p.m.) to the current brother braintrust assembled by coach l. (sorry, haven't come up with a snappy clone name yet, but am working on!)

ok, i'll say it, wave rolls, wave rolls, good golly almighty, wave rolls. (used by permission from the flick, varsity blues)

Ok, enough of this silly thread. It is not going to accomplish anything. Always someone stirring up trouble. Anyone who know anything about wrestling on the west side of Tennessee knows that Tom Marable coaches the middle achool and freestyle, but, it is not just Christian Brothers, it is anyone from West Tennessee. His goal is to improve all of West Tennessee. There are alot of people who feel the same way and put in a great deal of time also. We all working for the same goal, regardless of division one or two.