Laura Wood Resigns

krenzel

THREE PLAYERS STICK OUT IN MY MIND THAT MIGHT COULD START FOR SD IN THE CHURCH LEAGUE JOSH MCALPIN, CHRIS RICKETTS, AND MATT HICKS MIGHT COULD PLAY BUT AS FAR AS NE BODY ELSE NO , ALSO I HAVE BEEN TO WATCH GAMES IN THE LEAGUE AND SCORING 20 A GAME DOES NOT SEEM LIKE IT WOULD BE VERY HARD....ALSO DOESNT CHRIS RICKETTS PLAY DOWN LOW , WELL I DIDNT SEE MANY PLAYERS OVER 6 FT2 IN THE LEAGUE GOOD LUCK PLAYING POST FOR HIGH SCHOOOOOOOO ....personally i don't think he could hang with billy darden or any other 6 foot 7 guys on a high school competitive level....i'm talking about tssaa ball not mvb ball.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Gov, when did i say they would beat those teams? Cuz out of the quote you got from me I didn't even say one thing about them being as good or better than Brainerd or bradley. You just are paying attention to what people are saying are you? No one is "banking" on kids in the church league to come in and make the program successful, we are just wanting a coach who gets the best players in the school to come out and play and a coach that gives them a fighting chance! The team only has 1 offensive play! 1!! For crying out loud, some of the church teams have more plays than that! Also, we are not expecting the team to win the region or even the district next year but we do expect there to be drastic improvement b/c the only way to go is up! I just know there are some talented kids in this church league that could be on the high school team and making a contribution.

ibleedbluengold, chris is a very good ball player and could play for the high school team, no doubt about it. you sound bitter for some reason? do you even play basketball? i would guarnatee you that there are more than 3 players in the leauge that could be on the team and a couple could start! who are you anyway?

i agree that they would add depth and a couple maybe could start but i doubt that it will help win any games. Last year soddy had five awsome seniors and how many games did we win? 7 . Even though the schedule was harder last year .... I think the coach is gonna make the difference. Because the losses taken this year have been ugly. I also think the people that are still playing are obviously comitted to playing basketball. It stinks to get raped every night you step on the floor. I think a coach that the players can actually respect and add some fun to the game will help alot.

Na never would play for L. Wood. Ricketts would start. He would dominate Billy and would take all the playin time that mr bush got away from him. Just think all these church league kids practice only once a week. Im not sayin they will lead yall to the promise land but they could easily help out. Or do u just not want any other players to play because your satisfied with winning 4 games a year.

Edited by HotSauce11

Haha Billy beating Ricketts what a joke! I love Billy to death but no way would he stop Chris. Ricketts is just athletic. And you dont think Mcalpin would make a difference? We arent saying that there will be 5 guys from the church league come and start for SD. And spikes im sure all you dedicated ones (that thought about quiting so that you could get coach wood fired) are just happy to being playin and you know youve got more years ahead of you. We did have about 10 guys that wouldve been great seniors last year but they all quit. You were right that the new coach will make the biggest difference.

i am billy d.'s #1 fan and there is nothing i would luv more than to see him dominate but there is no doubt that billy would b dominated by ricketts and a few others in the church league, i know of a few sophomores who think they're gonna get sum playin time next year but wont because the church players

I played with billy all the time in the summer and even i could score in th post on him most of the time and rickets can score on me everytime in the post so.....????