Mt. Pleasent at WCHS

Waynefame

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win for the cats tonight really came out aggresive at the beginning of the game on a 18-4 run. Everyone played hard and really played great defense. Byrd came out and hit some big 3's. York also hitting some big shots. Bryant was covered up most of the game and everyone else stepped up and played great. Hopefully the cats can carry the momentum of this game into the district tournament.

Well I have not been hiding who I am rooting for and who I like. No doubt MP blood all the way through. HOWEVER- I will say this. They are playing like you know what. They are no where close to top in the state with the way theyre playing.Its terrible.They are not even playing top in the district much less the state.I wish the rankings were not even posted b/c I think it has got to our heads as a team and we are getting killed for it. I think we are overrated. I will give credit where credit is due-I hate WC, but WC is the best team in the district. They just get after it every play.They hustle,rebound, shoot, every little thing.They do it.I will say this Adonis Dennis-I believe shut Justin Bryant down.I can only recall him making only one or two field goals in the game. Just everybody else stepped up and kicked MP's you know what and didnt look back. It was a good refereed game. They just out and out beat us. I will say this not making excuses because they DID just beat us- Jemarcus Webster has been sick all week and Neylan Roberts had a Achilles strain or something like that. But still no excuses. We should have played better as a team. Keep your heads up Tigers, go Friday try to get a win against Zion and get momentum for the Forest game! Good Luck Tigers.

oh but yes we broke out the overrated chant there was no doubt about it that we would do it especially with the way we beat them and it was really funny because our crowd went crazy the entire game but we only heard one cheer out of there fans and that was when one of our players fouled in the first quarter. but the wildcats played a great game and they really did something that i think if they would do every game they could not be stopped and thats pull away in the first quarter as they did great game cats but lets keep it up and dont look back

vikingpride i wouldnt speak so soon we all know that mt pleasant is definately capable of beating any team in the district as all 4 of the top teams are right now and come tourney time you never know what could happen

Edited by iam8

Mt. Pleasant didn't look like a #1 team in the state at all last night. That was a totally different team than the one we played at their house earlier in the season, and barely got past by 6 in the fourth quarter.

Our fans did a great job, but theirs was only alive for about 2 minutes. Long enough to drop a chant on the first foul of the game. But that was about it.

Wayne County is obviously the team in District 12-A to beat right now, no matter what you say. Pretty bad that Mt. Pleasant is one of the top-ranked teams in class a basketball, but they sure aren't one of the tops in their own district.

Good luck Friday WC. Time to remind state-bound Clifton that the only 'Boro they'll play in this year in Waynesboro.

Congrats WC on a 20+ point win over MP.