region 8 seatings

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, who's Joe Cool? Baker takes #1 at either weight, and the rest should fall in line. 119-Speroff, Groves, White Station kid. Actually Speroff has an argument for top seed. He hasn't lost to a 119 in the region, he's a defending champ, and he placed in state last year. Baker did not place in state. At 125 it goes Baker, Hunt, Warren, Winston (Kingsbury) maybe if he's at 125. These should be about right.

Baker takes #1 at either weight, and the rest should fall in line. 119-Speroff, Groves, White Station kid. Actually Speroff has an argument for top seed. He hasn't lost to a 119 in the region, he's a defending champ, and he placed in state last year. Baker did not place in state. At 125 it goes Baker, Hunt, Warren, Winston (Kingsbury) maybe if he's at 125. These should be about right.

see, there might be a problem......... ;)

Yea, now that I think about it, I'm not sure. Speroff placed in state, but I don't think that matters. I think they go to overall record after previous year's placement, but Speroff didn't wrestle the first month of the season. However, Collierville as probably been to more tournaments that Bartlett, so it will be interesting to see how that works out. #2 will have a tough match with Groves in the semis, but I think either one takes it. Little Hunt barely lost to Groves last time, and I know Speroff rips him at practice. Also, Baker is too big for Groves. I see 119 as being Baker, Speroff, Groves, White Station kid for placing and seeding.

We made an attempt to change the "seatings" at our gym, but we were unsuccessful. The school board would not approve the funds to purchase new bleachers. Sorry everyone but everyone will be pulling splinters out of their tail ends after this weekend at Houston. We will also restrict all of the "seatings" to the northern side of the gym like at the JV championships. That is just the way the Region 8 "seatings" will be.

j.k.

Check out the other thread with the seeds.

Edited by CoachDelgado

all coaches have the opportunity to place their wrestler when the weight class is listed. then the discussion begins; who wrestled who, when did they wrestle, common opponents, placement at tournaments, returning state or region placer, what have they actually been weighing all year, etc., etc.....usual stuff. then a consensus is reached by the group. all of the coaches were in attendance. :P