East Tn player of the week

bigeaglefan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cait McMahan gets my vote this week. She is a complete player with the heart to go along with it.

She out played Brooke in both games but her team didn't step up when she needed them to in the last game. Congrats to Seymour on a great win.

I believe that Brooke is also very talented but I am surprised that she didn't receive more attention from Div 1 schools. At 6' 3" you would think that somebody would give her an opportunity at a bigger program than Carson Newman. Can anyone explain this?

Cait is a very impressive player. However she did not have to play with 3 and 4 player hanging all over her inside. Brooke was continually double and tripple teamed the entire game. To say either of them had better games is an apples to oranges compairisons. Cait had to contend with some double teams, but after the first half she slowed very much by 1 player.

To say she outplayed Brooke is inacurate. The two girls play entirely different roles and positions. Cait came out hot. She couldnt miss. The girl hit one of her 3s from 5 feet behind the arc. She had 17 points in the first quarter. She never really went cold, but Seymour switched things up. They kept the ball out of her hands. She only had 12 points in the other 3 quarters. She should have fought harder to get the ball and keep her team in the lead. Also, not to sound heartless, but with 12 or so seconds she choked on her free throw to tie the game. Then Johnson sunk her two with 8 seconds to extinguish the chance of a w without overtime. Johnson was consistent thw whole game, no matter how many Heritage players were hangin on her.

To say she outplayed Brooke is inacurate. The two girls play entirely different roles and positions. Cait came out hot. She couldnt miss. The girl hit one of her 3s from 5 feet behind the arc. She had 17 points in the first quarter. She never really went cold, but Seymour[/url] switched things up. They kept the ball out of her hands. She only had  12 points in the other 3 quarters. She should have fought harder to get the ball and keep her team in the lead. Also, not to sound heartless, but with 12 or so seconds she choked on her free throw to tie the game. Then Johnson sunk her two with 8 seconds to extinguish the chance of a w without overtime. Johnson was consistent thw whole game, no matter how many Heritage players were hangin on her.

Do you want to say East Tn Post player of the week then I would completely agree ---- definitely Brooke is the best Post player I 've seen in Tn this year. She is smooth and very accurate.

If the game was called a little tighter for both teams, I don't believe Cait would have been hurt in the third quarter when Seymour made their run.

I know that you haven't seen Cait play in every game this year and but her shooting has been very hot and those long 3s, she been doing that in every game since the Christmas Tournament. To say that she didn't try too hard top get the ball is more a credit to the Seymour coaches defense and the way the refs "let them play". Only 2 fouls were called on Seymour in the entire first half.

To say a kid chokes after leaving a pool of blood on the floor is beyond heartless. Her coach said that Cait didn't even remember some of the plays in the 4th qtr because she was out of it.

Still didn't answer - How come Brooke is not going to a D1 school?

Do you want to say East Tn Post player of the week then I would completely agree ---- definitely Brooke is the best Post player I 've seen in Tn this year. She is smooth and very accurate.

If the game was called a little tighter for both teams, I don't believe Cait would have been hurt in the third quarter when Seymour made their run.

I know that you haven't seen Cait play in every game this year and but her shooting has been very hot and those long 3s, she been doing that in every game since the Christmas Tournament. To say that she didn't try too hard top get the ball is more a credit to the Seymour coaches defense and the way the refs "let them play". Only 2 fouls were called on Seymour in the entire first half.

To say a kid chokes after leaving a pool of blood on the floor is beyond heartless. Her coach said that Cait didn't even remember some of the plays in the 4th qtr because she was out of it.

Still didn't answer - How come Brooke is not going to a D1 school?

First, Seymour did not make their run when Cait went out. They had already cut it to 2, she went out for 2 minutes. When she came abck in the game was tied. So no, I wouldnt say they made their run when she was out. Yeah, 2 fouls in the first half, but like we said the run was made in the 3rd and Cait scored 0 in the third. Also, I dont believe she was hardly that bad off. She didnt lose that much blood, and she was too aware and attentive in the game to not remember any plays. We spoke to Cait after the game, and she seemed fine. I wasnt trying to take anything away from Cait. She probably has the most natural talent and ability in TN. She is an incredible player and has an even better attitude. As for you attacking Brooke over not going D1, do you really think that Mcmahan is going to do anything D1 at what, 5'6".

Hey coachtnIQofzero,

Good to see you know so much - why don't you take "your know it all angry at the world attitude" and go back to the cave you came from!

The teams arent even in the same class so you cant tell me it was an important district or regional game. Why take the chance of getting the girl seriously hurt and run down over nothing. Not to mention he might need her come tourney time.

I do appreciate your concern and attacking me though Sammy

Are you the coach?