Franklin vs McGavock

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

An interesting matchup here. Franklin seems to be on a good little streak here handling Overton, Centennial, and Columbia rather easily in their last three. McGavock has been kind of wishy-washy of late. Would it be an upset if Franklin wins? It'd be a great way to go into the tournament for the Rebs. Post your thoughts.

GO REBELS!

this has a rivalry in the making. they both had two of the top freshman teams in the area last yr. i think Franklin is one year away from being an elite team in the state. but they seem to be playing with confidence and peaking now. McGavock is slumping.

it will all come down to how well Franklin handles McGavocks pressure and speed. McGavock doesn't have any height. so Franklin can pound the ball down low and score, if they break the press.

i'll pick McGavock! but it will be close. they could see each other again in the regions(vi)

I agree with all that it's going to be a great game. I see it being quite close, possibly going into OT. McGavock has to be prepared for Franklin's second half assault. The last couple games that's when they've really turned it on. I also agree that Franklin will be very good in the next couple years. O'Rourke, Murray and Holland will be tough losses, but plenty of guys to step in next year. It'll be exciting to watch the Rebs.