the best in track

blackandblue

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BHSfootball and Passinggame1,

You are both obviously football fans, and Im glad youve branched out a bit, but at least dont pretend like you know what youre talking about. This post clearly states that Brentwood will be good because of Bumbi and other good distance runners. If you were any kind of running fan at all, youd know who Bumbi was and youd know he ran fro Brentwood Academy, not Brentwood High, so maybe it isnt below them...?

I am also a huge track fan and a member of Bearden's track team. I would like to think I know a little bit about track. But whatever.....

Michael Bingham makes a pretty stong case for being "the best" overall in track. This is his senior year. He was state champ last year in decathalon, 100 meters, 110 hurdles and 300 hurdles. He finished second in long jump and triple jump to Adarius Bowman, who graduated last year. If he does as well this year, he could be worth 60 points to McCallie at the state meet. Not to take nothing away from Mr. Bumbalough because he is a totally dominate distance runner, but if you are talking about the very best overall then Michael Bingham should be worth twice as many team points. Both should dominate. Dang, that means all the fun is over in Division 2. :justwrestle:

Guest kenwoodrun

All the fun in the boys side is in DII, I would agree.

I also agree that Bingham will be the most valuable at the state track meet, and the most valuable point scorer (a la Sean Waller's 58 pts in AAA 2 years ago)...but Bumbi is THE very best in this area at what he does. BHS, too bad you lost that Kohlbush dude, he was a freakin monster.