CAK Vs. Rockwood

XtremeLoco

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CY, I was trying to give Coalfield a compliment. Anyway, the one student who wore the "football" shirt was disciplined by the school administration. Although if you knew that kid you would know he makes fun of everyone including himself, but to an"outsider" I can see where he would appear to be obnoxious.

I knew you were giving a complement but it also came across as hey, Coalfield really has a problem with CAK and lo and behold, they treated us good. Something we didn't expect. I would surmise that most all schools are treated well when visiting Coalfield. The days of breaking the glass out of buses and slashing tires are over, I hope.

Now X, back to that game you mentioned. Sorry gotta go with the District here, Rockwood wins in a tight one, the warriors go home. No last second miracles in basketball.

The Cosby vs CAK rivalry has turned into one of the best in East TN.

Fans and even cheerleaders don't like each other. However, I think all the players from both of these teams do have a lot of respect for each other. There is a lot of talent on each team. I haven't seen anything on the court except a little "attitude" and I like to see that in a player. If you aren't confident and are timid

you aren't successful. I've seen a lot of good sportmanship on the court and a lot of poor sportmanship in the stands at both schools. But no more than should be expected in a rivalry like this.

I guess I have to pull for CAK because nobody wants to play the home team in the championship (not looking past Thursday's Oneida game of course)

EagleEye, did you make it to the game..... pretty scary...

Come say hi, if you make it thursday Mrs. M might come depending on tom. night

Darn, CosbyEagle, I've been trying to figure out who EagleEye22 is and was hoping she introduced herself so I could ask Mrs. CosbyEagle tomorrow morning. I have a good guess though.

I'm pulling for CAK in this one. Like has been said, no one wants to play a team like Rockwood on their homecourt. As for the Cosby-CAK rivalary, it is actually a game that I look forward to. It doesn't necessarily seem like its the players and the students disrespecting one another as the adults on either side. I know when CAK played at the Nest the during the regular season, the fans were having a little competition during halftime. I think everyone was having a good time, though. There was nothing nasty in it, just a lot of school spirit.

CAK treated us like complete crap when we came to their school. We lost the game and they still were highstrung as to come to our busses and chant things very upsetting and very very bad mannered as to cuss us. So I say to the CAK out there "HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN TO STATE" thats right 0. CAK deserves NO respect for the way they act.

CosbyEagle, yes i made it to the game, but i didnt see you, i guess i was to busy watching the game. Yeah, it was pretty scary, i think my heart skipped a couple of beats near the end of the game. You and volleyeagle know me, i tried to drop hints without saying who i am. I dont know if you want to know who i am because you are just curious or you wanna beat me up because of some of my posts. LOL so just let me know that before i come face to face with yall, ok. I was at three of the games tonight, sadly i didnt get to stay to see Rockwood take on CAK, im so glad to hear they were defeated. Ill see ya'll thursday in Rockwood

Oh by the way... LOCO, you asked how long it took to get to Rockwood from Cosby, well it took me just about 2 hours.

Go Big Blue!!!

Hey Extremeloco,

First I want to say that Rockwood deserved to win that game. They outplayed CAK the entire night. But with 2 minutes left in the game it was a 5 point game.

Rockwood let CAK back in the game because of poor ball handling and shot selection. But with 2 minutes old momentum had shifted to CAK. The two calls in question was when Rockwood backcourted the ball twice. The first time the Rockwood guy chased down the ball and through it back across court and the referee called timeout for Rockwood. You can't call timeout without posession. The ball was up in the air. The second time Rockwood through the ball again over the mid stripe and the Rockwood guard crossed the line and then jumped up and grabbed the ball and called timeout. That was a backcourt. The other two officials new it was a bad call and both chose to let the call stand. That is poor officiating. Thats two posessions CAK should have had the ball. Who knows they might have hit a couple of three's or hit two regular buckets. I'm not blaming Rockwood. It's just a fact that these three guys had no clue. If those three guys had called a Fulton or Austin East game they would have been killed those last calls they made. Good luck Cosby!!! I hope you guys light it up. CAK and Cosby do respect each other. There is nothing wrong with wanting to beat a good team.