Clarkrange-Clay Co.

muffin

what a game.... it got so heated at the end they had to open the doors to the outside! You could tell that there was some pretty intense rivalries going on... one of the PGs for Clarkrange got decked on a free throw. Then it looked like they had to have all of her teammates hold her back. Once they finally got her settled she made a "pop the collar" gesture that I thought was pretty funny. I also thought that CC's #24 was funny trying to get the crowd going and doing the same gesture over and over again... a great game though.

I just think that Clarkrange is not used to have to come back in a game, especially with 3's. They are more a team that takes the lead and maintains it. GL to both teams in their next games...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to say as a parent of "future DAWGS and LADY DAWGS" that I hope the attitude improves greatly. WE, and by this I mean ALL teams represented across the state (by their parents) must understand that we are to support their endeavors and provide a good example of sportsmanship. I sat on the Clarkrange side. In the middle of all of their fans with my husband. We weren't going to move, we had good seats! I didn't mind sitting there, after all I thought we were all there for the same goal. However, I did have a front row seat of many of the encounters of both Clay County games. There were several "out of hand" occurrances but just to my upper right I overheard a Clarkrange fan yelling obseneties to OUR children and I took that badly. NEVER should that occur. I was appalled at the" BOO'S" as our girls and boys took the floor at their respective times to receive their trophies and proud as Celina fans stood to clap for the other two EXTREMELY talented teams. Support your team, support your District, support the game. Clarkrange has some awesome talent, so does Celina but it is not limited to these two teams. Girls, I think YOU need to play YOUR game. Parents cheer and encourage, BUT OTHERWISE MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!!!! Girls before your next meeting, sit down and think about playing ball, calm down and meet in the 'Boro, Shake hands, AND APPRECIATE EACH OTHER AS THE AWESOME ATHELETES THAT YOU ARE!!!! There are NO LOSERS now!!!! There are good players but Great players have Great attitudes first.

Edited by Celinafan

CelinaFan, I agree whole heartedly. Never should obsenities or boos be heard. Good sportsmanship should ALWAYS be observed by EVERYONE. Remember the rules of the game--the coach coaches (Mr. Sims is a GREAT coach), the girls play, and the fans watch the game. Good luck, Lady Dawgs!! You deserve to go all the way to and win the state championship. ;)

Edited by Topaz