What about Polk County Baseball?

lumberjack_bw

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey superman....Polk came in second on the year not in the tourney....we finished second in the district after regular season....but you wouldnt know bout that..probably cant keep up with the games when u are backing up Centrals STARTING catcher... :lol: also it isnt my fault i dont have facial hair :lol::(

Edited by Rdog

I admit we must beat a better team than Seq. to prove anything...that is Y we have our sights on Central, Meigs, and Valley...They are good teams but any one team can win on any given day at the DIRTPIT. Lets just hope GOD is on our side when we meet there. :lol:

In my opinion, us nor Polk County will ever do anything in the district. I guess I was wrong about our team this year. We hustle in practice and we rip the ball, but in games I guess it's just a different story. I thought that our team was really gonna do well this year. Don't get me wrong we do have a few players that give it their all, and then their is some that just don't give a crap. Most people will know who I am talking about. Also, it is a shame that I have to pitch, I hate pitching, I like playing a position that I am good at. I prefer playing Catcher or 3B. That's where I played before. Anyhow, this is another thing that I think. Even though Polk County beat us twice, I do not think that they have better players than us. I will say that they should have gotton beat both games, we had to start a freshman pitcher in the second game against them because our other pitcher had stitches in his hand. When I pitched the first game, due to errors Polk County only had 3 earned runs. Sequoyah hit the ball decent, it's just the easy routine plays that is killing us. If we don't shape up on our defense and start making plays, we will not win many ball games this year, if not any. The guy that hit the HR, he pulled it out from somwhere else. I want our team to win, I want to have fun. After the losses against Polk County, when you lose games that you're supposed to win, it will kill you inside. It makes you want to just quit the game. No matter what our team does this year, I don't think that I could ever quit because I just love the game. I'm trying to get accepted to Hiwassee so maybe it will be better there. Anyhow, I was wrong about our team this year, Good game Polk County.

To clarify something, Polk and the Chilhowee Middle School team did scrimmage two days in a row a couple of weeks ago, but it was VERY laid back. Both teams used their own pitchers to pitch to their own batters, and mainly the only reason why they did it is so that both teams could use the field. They really didn't keep a score, and plus both teams pretty much used it as batting practice rather than an actual scrimmage.

As for the other question, my uncle Bill is not helping with the high school team, as he is the coach for the middle school team.

And as for Polk County's varsity team, they were downed 7 or 8 to 1 tonight at Polk against Tellico. Denny Perrine pitched for Tellico, and while the Bears did hit the ball, Polk made a lot of errors. It has become evident to me that losing Thommy Davis to injury will have a HUGE impact on the team.