Single A State

spaceman15

"Where I am from, the public schools can't "develop" players from other areas without them sitting out for a year. On the other hand, if you put a private school in the area, any student may go whereever to attend, if they can afford the tuition."

troopersocko, what are you talking about? private school kids have to sit out a year too... advantage?

"I find it laughable that you think that FRA doesn't have a dominate athletic program. And I think that my laughter is justified when you look at the 4 or 5 (I lost count) state championship rings on coasterboarder's fingers...or the 3 on mine...or the 4 rings that my older brother has...shall I continue?"

kgp3428, i'd like to know what sport those rings are in... not in basketball, which is what we're discussing... i mean if fra has a great tennis team, thats cool, but nobody is complaining that private schools are recruiting bowlers...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey real, i know that, buddy... im just pointing out that, being in fra's district, i dont see them as any powerhouse... my point was that if a tennis player goes to fra because they have a good team, then nobody cares... the debate is all about attracting star players to 'major' sports...

maybe i should have said basketball programs instead of athletic programs since fra is apparently so dominant overall... or i could just ignore people like you who antagonize something that is beside the main point

The motivation behind the publics wanting to split is the same motive behind the privates supposedly recruiting : They want to win. Public school supporters get on here and argue that it's unfair, when the truth of the matter is, the publics are just as greedy as the privates and want to win as many titles as possible. Hippocracy if you ask me. If there is a split, the Rockwoods of the state have a better chance of winning state titles. Granted, TSSAA would crown 7 or 8 state champions in every sport every year. The level of play would also be much higher in the private division. Can Rockwood supporters live with winning a state title when they know most if not all of the private schools could beat them? To me, its kind of like winning the NIT, your crowned 66th best in the nation. A public school state title would be much the same. The TSSAA would essentially crown a team "best of the rest."

I have no dog in this race but all of yall talkin about the kids yall have in schools and private schools. I go to Perry County High School and there are only about 300 kids in the whole high school and they have been to the state tournament more than any other school so I dont see what the arguing is all about