McMinn County Football

TribeFan

Any word on who might get the job @ McMinn County? The initial rumor in Athens was that the administration was going to promote from within and that might still be the case. But on Wednesday 3-10-04 there are three interviews of candidates that have applied from other schools. The only interview that has been conducted was the only current staff member that applied and that was done on Thursday of last week.

Monore is not interested under the current situation. That comes from the legends mouth. It does make for a great rumor seeing that he is a McMinn native and coached here in the mid '70's, but Benny Monore will not be the next head football coach @ McMinn County High School and that is the bottom line because TribeFan said so!!!!!

No, to answer your question about them both ending up @ McMinn. I believe one of them is currently in Georgia making more money and the other has an oppurtinity to go to Georgia if he does not get the McMinn job.

I have a guess who has the inside track but I would rather not speculate here on Coach T. One of the candidates has some strong endorsements from some big names in the coaching ranks here in Tennessee.

It appears that Tony Daugherty a current assistant will be the new head coach @ McMinn County. This has not been made official and the administration is not commenting on the issue but it appears it is a done deal. I believe the announcement will be made on April 2nd.

The candidates are as follows:

Tony Daugherty - Current assistant @ McMinn

Heath Davis - TE coach @ MTSU

Brandon Derrick - Assistant somewhere in Georgia

Robert Reeves - Current offensive coordinator @ William Blount

Edited by TribeFan