Dickson Preseason Jamboree

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea we were there and yea we heard your classless remarks about ya lets put that on the internet and yea that talk about that on coacht... even old dads were chanting stuff, gah havent u ever heard of the phrase when you get into the endzone act like youve been there before well yea when u win a preseason game, act like you have won before lol gerrybertier told you he isnt on the team anymore, so when u chant stuff like that directed towards people who havent said nething well yea thats classless..................

BB

I was at the game. Fairview didn't look impressive with fielding errors and poor hitting in the first half of the game. But after they settled down they got the bats going and produced some runs. It was a good game. Honestly Creekwood doesn't look that improved, but it is early in the season. I dont know who was pitching for them, but it was anything that could dominate a game. Both teams will need to do work if they want to compete in their districts. It is early and time to get out all the jitters and both teams will be ready come regular season. What is up the Creekwood coach's attitude after the game? There were some bad calls by the umpires both ways, and the batter interference call was the correct call to be made. sorry b about them saying stuff like that i haven't said anything on here bad about them, but i will watch what i say from here on out. cws2006, is ther some hard feelings or something that i don't know about, if i said anything to offend you guys, i didnt mean to. there is no reason to be unsportsmanlike on the field.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

About the Fairview / CW preseason game: Both teams played hard and as if it really meant something. That says a lot about both teams. Both teams threw the ball around the yard and had a bad inning each. In the end, CW executed a perfect hit-and-run, but unfortunatley they missed the squeeze bunt on a great pitch by the Fairview pitcher and the runner at 3rd was picked off. The runner advanced to 2nd, and the next pitch was lined to right and the play at the plate was late and CW won 5-4 in time limited 6 inning game. Great game to watch even though it was only preseason. Fairview has live bats and the kid in centerfield can fly(#1). He hit a routine grounder to 1st and beat it out. I timed the play off the bat and the catch at first at: 4.21 sec and he beat it out easily. Fairview is going to be pretty good if they get the pitching they need. As far as the attitudes of both teams, they just played hard. I think both coaches wanted to prove their team could play. Fairview blasted CW pretty good last year and CW wanted to prove they can play with them, and they did. Gerry Bertier, I do not know what game you were watching by saying that CW does not look any better than last year. They look much better than last year. I think last nights game did exactly what it was supposed to do: both teams made each other better. Leave it at that. Good luck to both teams and maybe we will see both teams down the line in Region play. OUT!!!

Edited by bird