SHOT CLOCK

rebecca

i think there should be a shot clock because nothing is worse than sorry teams slowing down the pace of a game that is meant to be played at a high pace of speed. slow basketball is boring and bad teams always hold the ball and try to run clock and thats not how basketball was meant to be so i say yes on the shotclock.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The low scoring game you were refering to was not a district/regional tournament game. It was between Chester County and McNairy Central.

I think it was during the region tournament last year.

I don't think a shot clock is good for high school ball. Being able to hold on to the ball and kill clock is a very important skill and also fun to watch. But if they are going to try it, don't do it at the end of the season escpecially at the State tournament. Do it during a Hall of Fame game or something like that.

how could watching teams hold the ball be fun to watch. thats what unathletic teams do that have no place on the basketball court do. that's the worst thing you could possibly watch a team do so i have disagree with you as much as i can on that one

That was kind of a dumb post to say will the experiment with a shot clock in the state tourney. You dont experiment in most important games of the season. I do think HS basketball needs a shot clock to keep people from playing the no-basketball basketball. In the region tourney Goodpasture vs. Davidsion Academy had times where some one would stand just across half court and hold the ball for minutes at a time because no one would come out to guard him. Now how is this basketball?