Cumberland County

BBALLTN

hey traveler, see my last post on the proper spelling of the word grammar!  ;)

I am curious, why are you so protective of Ms. McCoy?  You seem to have appointed yourself her personal protector!  Is there some connection there?  Are you biased?

If you were honest and just said you hate the current coach, the rest of us would have more respect for you.  And traveler, if you are a Cookeville fan, why don't you go start a Cookeville post and leave us CCHS fans alone.  You don't have a horse in this race!

If you are questioning someone being biased, look in the mirror. Obviously, you are very, very close to the situation. You have been mean-spirited towards LVM and toward all other posters. Your spelling corrections are rude and arrogant. Instead of noting everyone's grammar and punctuation errors, check your manners.

All of the talk about the "good ole boy" system works both ways. I can name a lot of coaches and teachers at the HS who knew somebody or had connections to get their initial job. (AB, JA, JH, NC, MD, DV, HB, JI, NH, need I go on)? That is one of the benefits of being from a small town. I think it is wonderful when our graduates come back here to raise their families. I wish my children could have found jobs here.

You are not helping AB by attacking LVM. Give it a rest like you promised us in an earlier post.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GoJets#1
I think it is wonderful when our graduates come back here to raise their families.

.....and get coaching jobs and then get fired! I agree wonderful!!!!

Give it a rest like you promised us in an earlier post.

I had left this discussion but I kept getting attacked by people, including you, after I left. And as long as this is America, I will continue to exercise my right of free speech! I cant believe we sit in the stands and cheer for the same teams! Of course some of the people that have been after Coach B's job must have been pulling for the other side!

Edited by GoJets#1

GoJets#1, do you think that I am the only person who has moved here from Cookeville? Do you not want fans from other areas? Could that hurt YOUR good ol'boy system? I believe that I said good luck to both ladies, not just Mrs. McCoy. It seems to me that you have a problem with Mrs. McCoy, could you be one of the people that are pulling for Mrs. D?

Go Jets #1, I guess this shows how much you know. " Not even small A or even AA schools go hire head coaches that have never coached a game or served as an assistant." Good thing you don't have any thing to do with hiring coaches. Why don't you go ask Rachel Powell at Cleveland, Dana McWilliams (TTU alum) at Upperman or Rachel Gobel (TTU alum) at Columbia High (who beat Bradley in the state tourn. this year) where they got all their coaching experience? They did not have any prior coaching experience and all three are very successful. They have to start somewhere, why not at the top? Why would you want to make someone an assistant coach when they probably no more than the head coach to begin. Coach B had her chance and now it is time to see if this program is going to progress or regress. This situation has not hurt the fan support either. You either like the jets or you don't. I don't think any one coach will please everybody, that is the nature of the game. There was just as many people ready to see amy b gone as there was to support her. I think this forum is just giving a small taste of the feelings in the Community on this situation.

rosebud it's o.k. if GoJets#1 has a little fun with the grammer and spellng. I have noticed several mistakes in GoJets#1 posts. I enjoy seeing this poster chicken out on the cold hard facts because of spelling errors. GoJets#1 still hasn't approached any of the tough subject matter that I have brought up, and probably won't. He/she is to busy pointing fingers at someone else, instead of realizing that a hard decision had to be made and it is the right decision.

Now can we get on topic. Does anyone know who some of the candidates for the girls coaching position are?

Guest GoJets#1
could you be one of the people that are pulling for Mrs. D?

Didnt know she was in the running. My sources are letting down!

But if you read my previous posts, the thing that upsets me about this situation is how Hodge has done a hatchet job on AB in order to give the job to an inexperienced and unproven good ole boy's daughter. I personally have nothing against LM as a person. I think she is a fine example of CCHS success (and so is AB). She is intelligent and well educated. However, I also believe that you have to earn your way in life. Getting a head coaching job handed to you because your dad is a famous CCHS name from the past (and current AD) shouldn't happen. Let her come in and do like all young coaches, start at the bottom, be an assistant, work your way to freshman coach, and then if you have demonstrated that you have a good grasp of the game and can handle players (and parents) apply for the head coaching job here or somewhere else. AB did exactly that. From what I have been told (and please if I am wrong tell me) she went to college, graduated, got an assistants job at Rockwood, moved up eventually to head coach, and then was talked into returning to CCHS (her alma mater). She earned her way there. If LM will do the same (earn her way there) I will jump on her bandwagon too!

Guest GoJets#1
GoJets#1 still hasn't approached any of the tough subject matter that I have brought up, and probably won't

I am not as smart as the rest of you, can you please tell me what the hard questions are?

And by the way, I haven't seen my best points rebutted either!

Guest GoJets#1

Swami, you are a special case! I have read with interest the totally idiotic posts you had made and I must say you amuse me to no end! :D

Good thing you don't have any thing to do with hiring coaches. Why don't you go ask Rachel Powell at Cleveland, Dana McWilliams (TTU alum) at Upperman or Rachel Gobel (TTU alum) at Columbia High

Lets see, Cleveland, Upperman and Columbia....if you can't win at those schools you can't win anywhere! I stand corrected and I am man/woman enough to admit it. But those are also hotbeds of basketball talent.

Why would you want to make someone an assistant coach when they probably no more than the head coach to begin

I am assuming by no you really mean KNOW. Do you have the IQ scores of the coaches? If so I would love to know them! That is really a doozie of a comment and of course one that you or anyone else can't prove! Learn how to argue facts please.

Coach B had her chance and now it is time to see if this program is going to progress or regress.

So you fire the coach BEFORE you determine if the program is going to progress or regress? Are you Mr Hodge????? ;)

Edited by GoJets#1

GoJets#1 I don't think that you want to get past any reason other than the record. I don't think it needs to go past that. Why can't Cumberland County be a hotbed for basketball talent. What do all of these other counties have, something in the water. No! They develop their talent. Something that hasn't been happening here. (one Senior returning next year) So maybe we need a change and a fire lit under our bed.