Mo West so far?

C Love

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there but the only results I am sure of was the 4x100 which was won by M-West, the 4x200 won by M-East, and the 100 meter dash won by Jared Palazzola of M-East. They had no one announcing so it was hard to keep up with who did what, and there was no mention of it in the paper so I guess the Tribune doesn't think track is important, or maybe nobody called the results in.

I would say M-West was the big winner as they had a ton of competitors in almost every event. They looked very strong in all events and had a ton of sprinters that played football last year. I don't know all the names but Matt Rice along with several others ran 11.3's in the 100 meters which was very close to Palazzola's winning time. Even Pee Wee Fanney ran.

M-East, Cocke, and Cherokee looked pretty even, but in track it is hard to win when you have several events that no one competes in and you score 0 points in those events. With the vast number of athletes that West has competiting they will be hard to beat.

Yes, West has a very good field of sprinters this year. Charles Rucker, Matt Rice, and yes, Brandon "Pee Wee" Fanney can move for a big boy. They also have a freshman to watch out for. He is quick in the 400. For distance, watch the sophmore David Hance in the 3200, 1600 and sophmore Michael Danehy in the 800. Both are running machine and have tons of potential. Field events are looking good and the hurdles are looking good too with an assortment of youngsters as well as M-East transfer and last years conference champion Matt Harville. Throwers are mostly football players new to the shot and disc, but promising in results.

On to the competition, Jared Palazzola from East is a heck of a sprinter to be a tall lanky white boy. The East distance program isn't too promising after the graduation of Morgan Riddle. But the season is young and anything can happen.

Give me some feed back and let's hear what people think.

Guest PASSINGGAME1

That conference must not be a real strong conference. Not to take anything away from Jeff Co. or other teams, but Jeff Co. has numbers and not very many good athletes. Other than Scooter competeting in two events and maybe one girl, they had no one in the state. That had many numbers last year just not that strong athletes. If they are winning the conference every year then that should tell how strong the conference is. It seems that Scooter is having to carry the boys team. The girls team does not have that stand out athlete. Many teams can be strong in the conference by putting 10 kids in every event. The misconseption is that they are a strong team. When a school has 1700 students and is competing with schools that have 1200, that 500 extra students means alot. Morristown West has been weak in the past, but apparently has picked up the pace. They are understanding that numbers in track and some good athletes win track meets.

Edited by PASSINGGAME1

I'm not a M-West fan but can tell you from the one meet so far this team is far better than last year. They not only have numbers, but quality as well. M-East transfer Matt Harville will be a big help in the hurdles as he won the IMAC last year while with the Hurricanes. They had lots of sprinters that had very impressive times, and had some big kids as well in the field events that will only get better as the season goes along.

The key to winning is scoring in as many events as possible and with the numbers they have this year if I were a Jeff County fan I wouldn't get too overconfident.

I think the other schools in the IMAC have some quality individuals, but none seemed to have the numbers to be a threat to either Jeff or M-West as far as team championships go. I am speaking on the boys side, but think the girls will be the same teams, although I do not follow them as closely.

Mo-West will defenitely be a team to watch from all angles. Both the girls and the boys teams are loaded with high quality runners and throwers. What was said about Jeff county's large numbers but not very good athletes is exactly correct. West's athletes on both track teams will exceed Jeff County's talent level by far. There are many competitors who are potential contenders for the regional meet, as well as several state contenders. Jeff county should not enter into these conference meets too much over confident. Jeff county's track team, or should I say, Scooter Houston's track team, are not gonna have the conference meet handed to them on a silver platter this year. This will be one tough battle each team will have to fight. As for the Lady Trojans, there shouldn't even be a contest. But, we shall see.... Good luck to both teams tonight.