clinton 4- Oak ridge 3

DragonzBaseball11

It was a big night for the Clinton Dragons as they improved to 3-3 (1-1) on the season when the Wildcats of Oak Ridge came to town. Clinton started Terry Coffey on the mound as OR put Brenton Brown up against him. Neither team scored until oak ridge put 3 across in the top of the 3rd, they would have added more had Murray Fagan not made a spectacular play from left field as he threw out a runner at home to end the inning. Clinton answered back with 2 in the bottom of the 3rd as Fagan and Daniel Gore led the inning off with back to back singles. They were plated by a 2 RBI double by Travis Borum. The Dragons pulled even in the 5th to make it 3-3. In the 6th Gore relieved Coffey and shut the Wildcats down. Borum led off the Dragon 7th with a single followed by back to back walks by Curt Jenkins and Adam Inman, thus setting the stage for Coffey's suicide squeeze that plated Borum sending the stadium into a frenzy.

The Dragons played small ball good and excellent D as they only committed 1 error. gore improved to 1-1 on the season. GO DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woooo!!! Anytime you can get a win over OR (especially us at Clinton) it's a good thing. Just too bad I had to wizzork for this one. What does that make us now? Oh, oh, 2-0 this year against OR??? Feels good. I'll tell ya, that Fagan kid?? What a talent. Heard Stanford AND Cal-State Fullerton were offering a FULL ride to him, but the Cubs are about to sign him in May, right after he walks the line.

Hey DragonzBaseball11...who am I??? "I had an outfielder in '67...this kid could bench press a rhino with 3 1/2 Somalian kids on top of it...he played Left, Center and Right at the same time for us...0 errors and 312 throwouts...his batting average was .642 with 72 home runs, and 416 RBI's, with only 2 strikeouts...not bad considering he had a fractured femur, was partially blind because a ninja star was thrown in his eye, and he played with only 2 toes on his right foot"

That's right!!! It's Coach Voz!!! Good luck in Chicago next year!!

"Wanna come over and ... .....???" - Larry :D:)B):D

IT'S A JOKE FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD....WOULD YOU GUYS CALM DOWN! I MEAN SERIOUSLY WE'RE JUST HAVIN A LITTLE FUN IN THE FORUM BECAUSE IT'S AN INSIDE JOKE! I WOULD HOPE THAT NONE OF YOU GUYS REALLY TOOK THAT SERIOUSLY. WE'RE JUST IN A GOOD MOOD CAUSE WE BEAT OUR RIVAL BY THE BEST POSSIBLE ENDING. AND YOU GUESS WHO I WISH OUR COACH WOULD SCHEDULE A GAME WITH YOU GUYS BECAUSE YOU REALLY TALK A BIG GAME MAN.

Hahaha....are you guys serious?? :D Don't get mad because you're not part of the joke.

"That almost makes me sick because im a die hard Cubs fan and I played Clinton and nobody to me really stuck out. Matter of fact..." blah, blah, blah.

Did you think I was serious?? I'm trying to liven things up in this baseball room...It's dead!!

Hey Dragonz...calm down man. Wanna go shoot to relieve some of the stress? Tomorrow at 10:30 so the cop can run us off again.

GUESS WHO I WISH OUR COACH WOULD SCHEDULE A GAME WITH YOU GUYS BECAUSE YOU REALLY TALK A BIG GAME MAN.

I have never once got on coacht and made my team sound better than they actually are. If you want a scrimage we'll gladly have one... keep talking Clinton High School- you'll be last in your district like always. Goodluck this year.