bat recommendation

lionfbcoach

The Louisville Slugger Burgandy FP38 TPS bat is a good inexpensive bat that is on the 2004 ASA approved list. You will not find one with a 2004 logo. H&B said they will later come out with a different model # but it will be the same bat. The FP38 replaced the FP15 which my daughter has been using since 1999 and is also 2004 ASA approved even without the 2000 or 2004 logo. For the money (about $70 @ Sports Academy) and the durability, I don't think you can beat it.

Edited by coachrt

My daughter hit her first home run with a Lousville Slugger burgandy bottle bat when she was 11. Over the fence in the bottom of the last inning to win the TN Dixie Ponytails state tournament. Ah the good ole days!

Dang, that was 6 years ago!

I agree. No better bat for the money. I still have that one tucked away for memories.

Any bat that is light enough for your 10 year old to swing and gives her confidence is a good bat. Bat Harmonics doesn't matter for a 10 year old. I'll stick with my earlier endorsement of the burgandy for sentimental reasons.

Later on, you will get all of the opportunities in the world to spend you hard earned $ on the more expensive ones with the right end load balance, weight to length ratio, durability, and harmonics.

WorthBat.jpg

The Worth Mag Bat is very highly rated. Should scorch a lot of pitchers this year. The bottle part of the bat is not real long and allows good bat speed with a -11 drop.

fp404.jpg

FP404 / Deuce™

o GEN1X Deuce alloy, bottle bat design

o Patented Sims Sting Stop® system

o Patented Pro Cup® end cap

o Synthetic grip, 7/8" standard handle

LENGTH WEIGHT

30" / 18 oz.

31" / 19 oz.

32" / 20 oz.

33" / 21 oz.

34" / 22 oz

For the young kids, give them the lightest bat possible with the most length that they can swing at -12 drop. The GEN1X is a very good bat for the youngsters.