Hey DeadEye

TribeBall

HA! You got me pegged!

Yeah. It was ok. Dag Gum cold though.

You asked me what I thought, so I'll tell ya. The tribe has gotten much better. Miss Fox has turned things around in the circle, and the D has improved, but those bats... I don't know. Runner on third, 2 outs and bunting. I know Rome wasn't built in a day, but.....

That being said, its fun to be on the upswing ain't it? McMinn is nobody's patsy anymore. Had the pleasure of watchng your 2nd baseman playing on my daughter's travel team a little last summer. Good player.

Now the challenge is to build on that pitching.

Best of luck the rest of the season!!

Edited by deadeye

I know the bunting with 2 outs is odd but not all of the hitters are that strong so you have to try anything to put the ball in play to give yourself a chance. What did you think about the play at first where the ball hit the girl in the helmet. It didn't look to me like she was all the way in fair territory. I think our coach had a good argument about that one. Very good pitching for the lady jets both games. Must be nice to have that kind of option to pitch 2 great pitchers. One thing about Brittany Fox is that she is a work horse. Thanks for the compiments buddy good luck this season.

Borderline call, but the evidence was tough to refute.

Catcher picks up the ball 4 feet in front of the plate, throws to first, ball gets there before the runner, directly over bag, and the ball hits her in the back of the head. I guess I would have called the same thing, but it was close no matter what. Tough call to make. I have only seen that call once before in HS in 4 years.

We are very fortunate to have out pitching. We have another senior pitcher who is just as effective. All 3 last year had either 15 or 16 wins and 1 loss with ERA's ranging from 0.56 to 0.89. Makes us a pretty good tournament team. Went to the championship in every tournament last year, lost only one (prom took away our Seniors for the Cookeville tournament, but still went extra innings). I had the pleasure of coaching them down through the years. They were great girls who turned into great young women, each one, and buddies despite the pressure of getting in innings.

We have 6 more pitchers on top of that, yes 6. You saw 2 of them pitching the JV games. They are pretty good as well, and would start varsity for nearly any team in our district. We are pitcher rich. Nice problem to have.

I wanna see the tribe advance to the regions! Wouldn't that be a trip? This might be the year to do it. Best of luck with the rest of the district, and keep me up to date.

Hey deadeye.. I noticed that in another post you were talkin about playin White House back years ago during dixie youth... I was a member of the 96' all star team that beat cumberland county to win the state?! remember that? Its crazy how lil memories pop back up... lol ....

Cool !!!!

That was Cumberland Co's first experience playing fastpich softball. The coach of the team (I know him well) saw the other teams windmilling the pitch and thought that was illegal. Ain't that a trip? He told me his girls were scared to death. The 96 team did extermely well for their first experience.

Good ole days in many ways ya know?