A classless act by an umpire

festor

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is, the coach didn't have time to get there because he was tossed as soon as he said something which was about as soon as the third strike was called.

And its hard with only two coaches on the staff, for one of them to get thrown out. Thats 2 games with one coach. Not to mention the heavy fine that comes with it.

I can understand what this rules try to attempt to do here. But sometimes an umpire needs to be argued (by the coach). But how far can you go with an umpire before you get tossed. Some umps will let you get your say while others have a quick trigger. But with the penalty so harsh, a coach has to be tenative with what he argues (especially in tullahoma's situation). And this can cause calls that should be argued not to be.

My main problem is this: Even if you had 3 bad calls on you (on purpose or not) you still don't smart off to the umpire...all it can do is hurt you. That's where I feel that pro baseball is turning into wrestling. It almost doesn't seem like its about playing, but about personal stats and money. That's just my opinion. These guys are role models. They should act accordingly. Of course high school players who look up to these guys will do the same.

In the Dyer County and Huntington game the Umps were terrible! Twice the ump behind the plate said he didnt know about something or didnt see if the ball was FOUL!! ahah ! and the ump on the field was terrible too ! he changed his mind on a double play when the 1st base coach convenced him he was safe it was badd!!

Your right this is not the WWF. just because you paid your fee doesn't give you the right to act a fool...

wad will you please be quiet, you are the same guy who thought there was a rule that said a fielder must have possession of the ball to block the bag. seems to me you are one of those umpires who likes to make the game about you and not about the players.

wad will you please be quiet, you are the same guy who thought there was a rule that said a fielder must have possession of the ball to block the bag. seems to me you are one of those umpires who likes to make the game about you and not about the players.

Well gerry, I can see your not into Smarts. Please tell me when a runner is trying to get to a bag and is blocked by a defensive player who DOES NOT HAVE THE BALL what would YOUR call be. He's OUT. OR maybe a DO OVER? Sorry to put it that way but you and Big Blue Butt are acting like 1st graders. Maybe the first baseman can hold the batter/runner until the Left fielder can throw him out at First base.

Edited by wad