district 4aaa standings

STATEment04

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High note for South-Doyle: Zach Ross hit a massive foul ball bomb...too bad its just a long strike! Not to mention he lined out in the longest double play I have ever seen! What was that runner thinking? It was a great game to view from the stands even though I don't particularly like their field! Way to go Farragut that's how i like to see you all play!

so farragut and sv county will be playing first gmae and south doyle and bearden will most likely be in the other bracket

That's the way its looking. BTW Bearden is actually 4-7 and SC is 0-10. The second game of the double - header is not listed in the CoachT schedule.

If South Doyle gets upset, however, it could change where Maryville and William Blount finish.

Bearden would have to win out to finish higher than 6th. So they're odds on to be playing in the "other" bracket.

The real mystery is who will get the 4-5-6 slots. Somehow it doesn't seem fair that success is penalized, but that's pretty much what happens here. It's almost better to finish 6th, than 4th or 5th.

Here's the "State of the District" as of Saturday 4/24.

Farragut 9-0

Games remaining South Doyle, Maryville (2), Bearden, Sevier Co.

Probably doesn't matter to Farragut, but it does matter to the teams who have yet to play the Admirals.

South Doyle 6-3

Games remaining Farragut, Bearden, West, Sevier Co., Heritage

Early wins have put the Cherokees in excellent shape. They'll be favored in all games except Farragut. Even without an upset win over Farragut could finish 10-4.

Maryville 6-4

Games remaining William Blount, Farragut (2), Heritage

The Rebels have a challenging schedule remaining, but are capable of posting at least an 8-6 mark. 2nd or 3rd is still within reach.

Heritage 6-5

Games remaining West, Maryville, South Doyle

These could go either way. Heritage only needs one more win to finish at least .500 in the district. They will definitely have a say in how the district race ends, and who gets those coveted #2 and #3 seeds.

William Blount 6-5

Games remaining Maryville, West , Bearden. WB can still finish high in the district.

West 5-6

Games remaining Heritage, South Doyle, William Blount. These are all losable games. West can still finish anywhere from 4th down. Unless it rains West plays Heritage, South Doyle and William Blount on consecutive days. That prevents West from setting up its top pitchers to face more than one team that week. West has been the #4 seed the past two years. IMO that's the worst seed in the tournament.

Bearden 4-7

Games remaining South Doyle, William Blount, Farragut. With SD and Farragut remaining, odds are against the Bulldogs finishing over .500. However they could still elevate themselves into the middle of the pack and can definitely play the spoiler role. If Bearden sweeps Sevier Co., then they virtually assure the Smoky Bears of meeting Farragut in game 1 of the District Tournament.

Sevier Co. 0-12

Games remaining Farragut, South Doyle. SC needs to stay focused on improving each and every game. They won a big game in the tournament last year.

#s 3-7 are definitely still for grabs. If South Doyle stumbles, the #2 spot is still available.

Edited by bizazz

Does anybody know what the district tournament format will be this year for 4-AAA? I have heard there might be some small changes.

I'd be interested in hearing about that. I've been going under the assumption that the format will be the same as in prior years: 1-4-5-8 in one pool; 2-3-6-7 in the other pool.