Fairview 11, Loretto 4

PageMan

Fairview.....6..0..2....0..1..2....0.....11..11..4

Loretto.......0..0..1....2..1..0....0......4...6...5

WP - Matt Putnam, LP - Derek Marks

HR - None

Triples - Fairview 1 (Dan Kennedy)

Doubles - Fairview 2 (Matt Putnam 2), Loretto 1 (Derek Marks)

Leading Hitters:

Fairview - Luke Putnam 3 for 4, 4 Runs, Dan Kennedy 2 for 3, 1 RBI, Matt Putnam 2 for 5, 3 RBI's

Loretto - Derek Marks 2 for 4, 1 RBI

Fairview scored 6 runs in the top of the 1st as Luke Putnam led off with a walk, stole 2nd, and scored on a single by Dan Kennedy. Brayton Hudgins walked next and then Luke Ficken singled driving in Kennedy. Brandon Butler walked and his courtesy runner Devin Lyon later scored on a wild pitch. Bobby Buttrey walked with the bases loaded forcing home Hudgins. Cole Cassidy hit a FC to SS driving in Ficken. Cassidy stole 2nd, advanced on a WP, and scored on a single by Caleb Putnam. Luke Putnam batted again in the inning and singled, but Loretto finally got the third out as pitcher Marks had 42 pitches in the inning. Fairview added 2 runs in the 3rd as Buttrey singled and scored on single by L. Putnam when the throw from the outfield went into the dugout. L. Putnam ended up at third and scored on a double by M. Putnam. Loretto finally scored in the bottom of the 3rd when Luke Buttrum walked advanced & scored on a passed ball & 2 wild pitches. Loretto scored 2 in the 4th as Mark Lamm reached base on a infield throwing error and eventually scored on a single by Ben Wiseman. Will Cox also singled and scored on another throwing error by Fairview's infield. In the 5th inning, things got a little wild as L. Putnam reached base on a throwing error and advanced to third as the ball went down the right field line. Dan Kennedy walked and stole 2nd as he left early drawing a throw, but L. Putnam took off as well and dived over the tag of the Loretto catcher on the return throw. Loretto Coach Gary Lamm protested the call and was ejected during the next batter either because he wasn't in the dugout or said something to the umpire. This incident fired up the Loretto crowd as well as the team as they added their final run in the bottom of the inning as Andrew Johns walked, was advanced on a single by M. Lamm, and scored on a single by Marks. Fairview added their final 2 runs in the 6th as both C. Putnam & L. Putnam reached base on infield errors and scored on a double by Matt Putnam who was thrown out a third trying to stretch it to a triple.

Pitching Summary:

Matt Putnam went the distance for Fairview giving up 4 runs - 1 earned - 6 hits, 4 K's, 4 walks. Loretto's Derek Marks went 2 2/3 inn. givng up 8 runs - 7 earned - 8 hits, 2 K's, 4 walks. Luke Buttrum came on in relief in the 3rd, pitched 2 1/3 inn., giving up 1 run - unearned - 1 hit, 2 K's, 4 walks. Brock Glass finished the game for Loretto pitching 2 inn., 2 runs - both unearned - 1 hit, 3 K's, no walks.

Edited by PageMan

Hey when I saw Lewis Co. play last week three times and during basketball season, they were calling me LewisCoMan - lol. Don't worry about the Page people, they know what I'm doing.

Good night Jackets - Sweet Dreams

Edited by PageMan

It's always interesting to get up the next morning and see what "The Tennessean" box score has compared to my scoring. I have corrected by box score to show Fairview with 11 hits instead of my original 10. Apparently Luke Putnam would have beaten the throw to 1st on his bunt single in the 5th inning inspite of the errorant throw which allowed him to advance to 3rd. This gives him 3 hits for the night making him the leading hitter for Fairview. Also, Luke reached base on every plate appearance - a walk, 3 singles, and reached on another throwing error in the 6th inning. For the night, he scored 4 runs, had 2 stolen bases, and defensively caught 4 fly balls in center field. Good job, Luke.

Also, the newspaper shows Loretto with 5 hits instead of my 6 and Fairview has an additional error. I could not find where I mis-scored that situation, so I will stand with my original scoring.