Why isnt this sport bigger

bman2020

I have always like the sport my mom played it in college and i always wanted to try it but there isnt ne recreational leagues around the area i go to ooltewah high and we dont have a team or recognize it as a sport wht doesnt TSSAA make this a high school sport

The funding for the Tennessee educational system is in such shambles that cannot even consider adding another sport. Especially one that outfits 40 players in equipment. The best thing that can happen is enough interested people such as yourself keep getting together and forming the club teams. Sooner or later if there is enough interest, the TSSAA will not be able to ignore it.

Coaches, there are not enough to have a recreational league, or even have a large high school participation throughout the state sanctioned by an organization like TSLA. Also for all of the public schools, if the TSSAA sanctioned it, then coaches for lacrosse would have to be built into the budget. What I think lacrosse should strive for is something like swimming. Swimming is not a TSSAA sanctioned sport, thus public schools cannot give it the same funding, but most schools still recognize them and treat it like a varsity sport. I think the cost of sanctioning it will prevent it from being sanctioned for a while, but i still think we should strive to get lots of public schools to have it and treat it like a varstiy sport.