Top Midfielders?

laxdaddy

Brakebill is a given, there is no reason to mention his name because everyone knows he is, without a doubt, one of the best offensive players in the state, and one of the best f/o guys in the state, and up there in GB's too. He is the only given middie in the state though, because it is pretty hard to judge most other middies, and it is hard to compare them to other middies. It is pretty much impossible to tell who is going to get 2nd, 3rd, and 4th middie on 1st team all state, even now, after the season is over.

Also, out of all the recognised mid-fielders that got 1st team, 2nd team, and honorable mention(15 in all), there are only 3 or 4 middies still playing. And since so many new mid-fielders are playing so well this year, it is gonna be pretty hard to pick the top 4.

Edited by TNLAX6

Guest BIGRUSN

frankly no Middies stood out to me this year besides brakebill. But there are definately middies out there that separated themselves from the rest. and the guys that ran the hardest are the ones that get the honors.

all of the guys that have been mentioned have some great talent. i agree with BIGRUSN, i think this year the attackmen have taken most of the glory on offense. there are a number a outstanding attackmen in the stae. i just have something to say about a player i've seen play that no one knows about... Miles Carter (middie). he's a sophmore at cbhs and he jsut recently moved up to 2nd line. he's lightning quick, has a great feness shot, and plays solid defense. his stick skills are strong with both hands, but needs to work on his power and speed in his shot -like i said, he's got the technique down. he didn't play much at all for most of the season but watch out for him later.

gotta give props to my boy charlie abernathy. he did a lot with the webb team. good stick skills, equal with left and right, could shoot and was a darn good feeder.

editted:

charlie is 1st team all state too...can't argue with that.

Edited by TNtarHeel