Congrats Nick!

Sommers

Thanks to RMC:

Collins Hill’s Lukacs named All-American

By Todd Cline

Sports Editor

todd.cline@gwinnettdailypost.com

One week after deciding on a college, Daily Post Wrestler of the Year Nick Lukacs got another dose of good news on Tuesday when the Collins Hill standout was informed he’s a Wrestling USA High School All-American.

It is the latest in a long line of honors for Lukacs, who leaves Collins Hill as the school’s all-time wins leader. A two-time state champ who was 52-0 as a senior, Lukacs said he was informed of his All-American status by his coach, Cliff Ramos.

“He handed me a folder that was sealed and said: ‘You might want to open that,’” Lukacs said. “I was pretty excited about that.”

The senior is also excited about continuing his wrestling career at Appalachian State University. Lukacs picked that school over UNC-Greensboro, selecting a college he’s very familiar with.

“I’ve been going up there for camp with the team since I was in eighth grade,” Lukacs said. “It’s a really nice campus and I really got to know the guys.”

Lukacs recently earned another prestigious honor, the Dave Schultz Award. One senior from each state is selected for the award, which honors wrestlers not only for their skills but also for their sportsmanship and all-around qualities. As part of the award, Lukacs’ name will be engraved on a plaque that will reside in the Wrestling Hall of Fame.

Earlier this year he was selected Georgia Wrestler of the Year by the National Wrestling Coaches Association. Lukacs, who won state at 145 pounds as a senior, finished his career with a record of 191-17.

FINE YOUNG MAN!!

soms