Div.II A Jamboree

Scout43

Friday night, Aug.13 at St Benedict at Auburndale was the II A Jamboree. I was hoping to see one or two college collegiate possibilities, but I was pretty amazed when I saw a lot more than that. Not all being Div. 1 but good football players none the less. Bishop Byrne has an excellent TE/LB in #87, I believe his name is Robert Clayton. They also have a talented QB who I believe will be recruited, and they have some talent on the line that could possible play JC or Div. 2 ball. Tipton Rosemark Academy has a smart QB, who could possibly play college ball. FACS has a quick runningback, and a fast defense. They also have a pair of TE's that looked pretty good in the game. Fayette Academy had some big linemen, yet SBEC seemed to be on their toes and held them scoreless in the quarter. SBEC lost many players from what I hear, but they seemed to have some potential in their quarterback.

This Division excluding Fayette Academy, (Divsion II A) will be an interesting one to watch as the season progresses. Especially once a few a SBEC's player are healthy again and once FACS gets three of their starters back in the line up. Anyone have any stats on the players above?

uh...I can give you a few stats from the FACS guys.

5'11 170/Carter runs a 4.5 40. Benches around 195 and I know his vert is really high, like a 35.

6'0 195-200/Dowdy runs a 4.8 40. Benches around 230.

6'0 190-195/Fruitt runs a 4.7 40. Benches around 255-260, and a 33 vert.

Another guy you should look at is the sophomore QB Josh Booker.

Are you coming to any other D-II A games?

Are you actually scouting D-II A schools in the area?

u really didnt talk bout rosemark that much but still that dont matter, in the jamboree rosemark did pretty good havin great intensity, etc. and u need that agianst a good program like byrne. but still i didnt see anyone from facs that was a dominant player, i dont really know if anyone saw that from any team but still. ur right we will have to see through out the season.

Rosemark's highest bench max is 300 by Bill Kelley (5'10" 190). Cary Porter benches 290 (6'2" 205). There's plenty more above 250, but i dont remember them. All of our starters on the line bench at least 225. Chase Peeler benches 250, but he tore his acl. Drew Hanks benches 225ish.

Edited by tommytontu

Rosemark's highest bench max is 300 by Bill Kelley (5'10" 190). Cary Porter benches 290 (6'2" 205). There's plenty more above 250, but i dont remember them. All of our starters on the line bench at least 225. Chase Peeler benches 250, but he tore his acl. Drew Hanks benches 225ish

here are just a couple others

chase sellers (5'10 190) got 250, john even mcpherson( 5'11" 200) got 275, joseph mcdanial (6ft 200) got 250 so did david hammons

jacob winfield(5'10 250) got 265 ;)

Edited by the muffin man