Lawrence County at Loretto

critterdoc

Friday night Loretto will finally face an opponent with a strong run game in LCHS. I hope they can stop the Cat's shifty runningbacks. I don't expect the Cats to pass as much without their starting quarterback, but who knows. The backup QB adds another area of intrigue to an already heated rivalry.

Over the past seven years the Cats lead the series with Loretto by a margin of 5-2.

With Loretto wins coming in 99 at Lawrence Co. and 02 at Loretto.

The game comes down to who can stop the run as both teams will try to pound it behind large offensive lines. The defense who can tough it out the longest will when this grudge match.

Critter's Pick: Loretto 13- Lawrence County-21

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loretto should come out on top. From what I can tell lchs don't have much of a defense. The dont look to good, so i figure loretto wont have much trouble scoring. Eli should have fun running over all them little kitties.

I say, MUSTANGS 27 lchs 14

Edited by sappy#2

Don't get me wrong C, I love the Mustangs more than anybody. However, LCHS beat us last year by 30. I realize we are better this year and they are not as good, but I am trying to be completely objective.

I'll definitely be there cheering on the Mustangs and I hope that Saturday morning I can be the first person on here saying how wrong I was!

It's Rivalry Football time in Lawrence County again folks. With Lawrenceburg Starting Quarterback Franklin Hughes suspended, and considering this game is at Loretto's place this year, along with the fact the Cats have no d.....this game should be a blowout with Mr. Eli Fisher having his way ALL NIGHT, and then...the passing game starts to heat up with those great Wide Receivers Loretto has, then if you do get the ball, Loretto's defense has given up an average of 6 points per game so far through 3 games with 2 shutouts!!! My prediction: a big ole blowout by the Mustangs...

Loretto 27

Lawrenceburg 14

:lol:

What's this about the Wildcats have no D? I have to point out that the only 2 touchdowns given up by the Wildcats last Friday against White County were because of the two offensive fumbles. Besides that, they Warriors didn't get within the 20 yard line of the Wildcats'. I think this will be the first real test for the Mustangs this year, and they will be greatly surprised at the Lawrence County team. I believe Lawrence County will hand Loretto their first loss this year and bring them back into reality and the 3-7 record that they are normally used to.

Wildcat79,

I tend to agree with you that Loretto has not faced an opponent like LCHS so far this year. None of the teams we have faced this year had any offense to speak of.

However, Loretto players, fans, and coaches are not "used to" a 3-7 record. Last year was the worst record Loretto has had in over a decade. Believe me, it was an exception, not the norm for the Mustangs.

I expect a closer game than last year headed into the fourth quarter and I can guarantee that Loretto will not "blow out" LCHS. If Loretto plays mistake free, then we can win this game, but Loretto's ball control offense is not made to pile up points. We will have to win by scoring on long drives and then stopping them or recovering turnovers.

Wildcat79, who is Lawrence Co.'s backup QB?

Lawrence County has been working all week with two back-up qb's, Junior Dylan King and Senior Antonio Lopez. Both have good feet and great ball control. It will most likely be a game-time decision on who will start for the Wildcats. The Wildcat's usual QB, Franklin Hughes, will have to miss this game after a dispute between him and an opposing player resulted in a 1 game suspension. The Wildcat's offense will have no problem working with a new QB this week.

Friday night Loretto will finally face an opponent with a strong run game in LCHS. I hope they can stop the Cat's shifty runningbacks. I don't expect the Cats to pass as much without their starting quarterback, but who knows. The backup QB adds another area of intrigue to an already heated rivalry.

Over the past seven years the Cats lead the series with Loretto by a margin of 5-2.

With Loretto wins coming in 99 at Lawrence Co. and 02 at Loretto.

The game comes down to who can stop the run as both teams will try to pound it behind large offensive lines. The defense who can tough it out the longest will when this grudge match.

Critter's Pick: Loretto 13- Lawrence County-21

825329975[/snapback]