Pounders give up yet?

owlfan4life

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well no i can say that the play calling sucked last year and it stinks this year. many times, i know for a fact, last year a play would be called and then changed in the huddle because it was so ridiculus. And why is it the coaches fault? well why is it the presidents fault when the unemployment rate rises or when the economy is in a slump? its the coaches fault because they are responsible for the players and it is their job to win. Heck I can get paid to lose; anyone can but thats not what you are being paid to do as a coach. you get a check for winning, and if you dont its your fault.

I disagree fully with what you just said. It is a coaches job to coach and teach young kids about life and to make right decisions in life as well as to teach them how to be a man and how to play the game as well. So what you are saying is that you are a bad coach just because you lose some football games. In that case no coach could ever keep a job. Or better said all coaches are bad coaches because they all lose games, some more often than others. Some coaches are just dealt a better hand than others year end and year out. This may just be a year a bad hand was dealt to the pounder coaches. They have a great staff and I very do doubt that plays were changed in the huddle without the offensive coordinator knowing about it. Your post just doesn't make sense. One more thing, coaches get a check for teaching at school, not coaching, and a supplement, a very small supplement I might add, for coaching(probably about .50 per hour spent). If you don't like what is going on.

1. go to college

2. get a degree in secondary education

3. become a teacher

4. then be a coach and you will eat all the words you just said in your post.

Edited by titansbuck

I've been to every pounder game for the past 4 years we were 0-10 the first year 5-5 the second year and went to the playoffs and then 8-2 last year.This year I knew we weren't going to be nearly as good as we were last year because we lost our to star players and alot of othe awesome guys ,it was a huge blow.We started this year with John Corrnet as quater back and he was needless to say horrible. and this last game vs clealand I think Jamel Hambrick was quarter back and we won.The whole problem with the team is we have players playing positions that there not anywhere near developed in.I mean of the 7 years I've gone to school with john I look back and he hasn't even played football.You can't just take a kid and throw him in a high pressure situation like that and expect him to be any good.You might as well put a frechmen out there.So this season after the cleavland game I really don't know whats gonna happen but I don't think we'll have a 5-5 or even a 3-6 season but I think next year we'll be a little better cause were not looseing any big seniors mabye like 3.

dont get me wrong thats not exactly the way i fell but what im saying is that that is the fiew of most of the community "that team stinks they must not have any coaching" i understand that good coaches lose. Curt Jones is a great coach and if you look at Caldwell (i think correct me if im wrong) won state at Red Bank then went to dade county and won like 2 games in 2 years and now id at Soddy Daisy and is 7-0.